Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 18:41:32 -0600

958 
ATHW40 PHFO 270041
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SAT NOV 27 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC NOVEMBER 27 2010

THE UPPER LOW EAST OF THE ISLANDS IS NEAR 19.4N 146.2W...ABOUT 560 
MILES EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND. BASED ON WATER VAPOR IMAGERY...THE LOW 
HAS BEEN MOVING TO EAST SINCE SHORTLY AFTER SUNRISE. THUNDERSTORMS 
CONTINUE TO BE FOUND ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE UPPER LOW WITH TOPS 
REACHING NEAR 39 THOUSAND FEET. ADDITIONAL THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND 
ALONG THE EAST SIDE OF THE ASSOCIATED UPPER LEVEL TROUGH. THE 
THUNDERSTORMS AREA ALONG A LINE FROM 16.7N 138.7W TO 9.4N 148.9W 
WITH TOPS REACHING NEAR 52 THOUSAND FEET.

SOME HIGH CLOUDS ARE BEGINNING TO PASS OVER KAUAI AND REACHING OAHU 
AT 2 PM. THESE CLOUDS ARE THIN ENOUGH EARLY THIS AFTERNOON TO NOT BE 
OBSCURING LOWER CLOUDS...BUT BATCHES OF THICKER HIGH CLOUDS ARE JUST 
WEST OF KAUAI AND NIIHAU.

LOW CLOUDS HAVE INCREASED OVER KAUAI WITH BROKEN CLOUDS OVER THE 
INTERIOR OF THE ISLAND. ON OAHU...LOW CLOUDS ARE STILL MOSTLY 
CONFINED TO THE KOOLAU RANGE...WITH A FEW CLOUDS OVER THE CENTRAL 
VALLEY. LITTLE CHANGE IN CLOUD COVERAGE OVER MOLOKAI SINCE DAYBREAK 
WITH CLOUDS CONCENTRATED OVER THE HALAWA VALLEY. A FEW CLOUDS HAVE 
FORMED OVER THE INTERIOR OF LANAI SINCE DAYBREAK. ON MAUI...CLOUDS 
REMAIN OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS...AND 
OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA. ADDITIONAL CLOUDS HAVE 
FORMED OVER THE NORTHWEST AND WEST FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA...AND 
EXTEND TO THE WEST AND ARE BRUSHING KAHOOLAWE AT 2 PM.

ON THE BIG ISLAND...THE CLOUDS ALONG THE EAST SIDE OF THE ISLAND 
HAVE THICKENED...COVERING THE LOWER SLOPES FROM UPOLU POINT TO CAPE 
KUMUKAHI TO VOLCANO. ADDITIONAL CLOUDS HAVE FORMED OVER THE KAU 
DISTRICT...AND OVER THE SOUTH AND NORTH KONA DISTRICTS.

LOW CLOUDS UPSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS ARE MOVING FROM THE EAST 
NORTHEAST AROUND 20 MPH.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.