Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 20:07:07 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 270200
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/270200Z-270600ZNOV2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6.8N
108.7E, APPROXIMATELY 265 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF HO CHI MINH,
VIETNAM, HAS DISSIPATED AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 17.0S 173.0E,
APPROXIMATELY 260 NM WEST OF NADI, FIJI. THE AREA HAS SHOWN
INCREASING CONVECTIVE ORGANIZATION AND WINDFIELDS HAVE INTENSIFIED
DURING THE PAST 12 HOURS. A 262201Z ASCAT IMAGE SHOWS 25-30 KNOT
SOUTHEASTERLIES ON THE POLEWARD SIDE OF THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC), WHILE WINDS EQUATORWARD OF THE LLCC HAVE INCREASED TO
15-25 KNOTS. THE LLCC IS TRACKING SOUTHEASTWARD AT APPROXIMATELY 10
KNOTS UNDER AN AREA OF MODERATE VERTICAL WINDSHEAR (VWS). SIMILAR
VWS VALUES EXIST ALONG ITS TRACK AS FAR AS FIJI. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1001 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED POOR AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1)
AND DISSIPATED POOR AREA IN PARA 1.B.(1).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.