Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 22:11:12 -0600

098 
FZPN01 KWBC 270410
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SAT NOV 27 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 27. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 28. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 29. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA NEAR 40N158E 989 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS FROM 35N TO 43N W OF 163E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N164E 981 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE AND 420 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N172E 984 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 420 NM OF CENTER WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N171W 998 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM N AND NE OF 
AN ASSOCIATED FRONT FROM 43N171W TO 44N166W TO 38N158W WINDS 30 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 NM N AND NE OF THE 
FRONT AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM OF CENTER WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N161W 997 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND 300 NM 
N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 51N150W 993 
MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM S AND SE SEMICIRCLES AND 480 NM NW 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N174W 1002 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 180 NM N AND 360 NM 
W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM OF CENTER WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N155W 1009 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 660 NM W QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N146W 999 MB. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE 
WITH LOW 51N150W WITHIN 600 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N136W 1000 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 840 NM S AND 600 NM 
W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
49N143W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND NEAR 49N124W 1009 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 32N TO 50N BETWEEN 120W AND 134W AREA OF NW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. FROM 30N TO 37N E OF 124W 
AREA OF NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 54N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 161W AND 176W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 39N TO 46N 
BETWEEN 158W AND 172W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 52N BETWEEN 149W AND 
162W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 54N BETWEEN 136W AND 
152W. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 41N AND W OF 171E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 60N 
BETWEEN 179W AND 172E. 

.HIGH 43N151W 1032 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N142W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N134W 1027 MB. 

.HIGH 49N169E 1028 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 57N180W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 61N168W 1027 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 42N180W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N174W 1028 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N168E 1025 MB. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SAT NOV 27.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN NOV 28.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON NOV 29.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.09 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95.5W N TO 
NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 09N TO 24N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT IN PRIMARILY NE SWELL. N OF 25N E OF 118W NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 23N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N AND NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 26N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN N AND NE SWELL. FROM 09N TO 14N W OF 
115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN N AND NE SWELL. N 
OF 28N E OF 118W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 26N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN N AND NE SWELL. FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 
120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N AND NE SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 09N97W 1009 MB MOVING W AT 7 KT. WITHIN 90 NM NE 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 09N101W 1010 MB. WITHIN 60 NM NE 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 09N103W 1010 MB. WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 24N TO 29N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 
96W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.09 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N95.5W TO 13N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N97W 
TO 12N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N97W 
TO 12N102W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

..36 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT 29N115W TO 25N120W TO 
28N135W. NW OF FRONT E OF 125W NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT.
.48 HOURS FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 20N BETWEEN 112W AND 
120W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. N 
OF 26N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL.  

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SAT NOV 27...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 08N82W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 09N97W TO A SECOND LOW PRES NEAR 10N108W TO 09N125W TO 
09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF LOW 
CENTERS. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS NOTED NEAR 10N111W AND NEAR 
09N117W.  

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.