Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 22:45:20 -0600

665 
FZPN40 PHFO 270445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT NOV 27 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 27 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 28 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 29 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 25N175W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT TRANSITIONING TO A TROUGH FROM 30N168W TO 
22N176W.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 30N170W TO 19N175W. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 22N177E. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N160W TO 26N171W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 26N175W TO 30N166E MOVING N 15 KT.

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF 160W BETWEEN 15N AND 23N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT E OF 160W BETWEEN 17N 
AND 25N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF 148W BETWEEN 18N AND 25N.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 22N W OF 177W...E OF 160W BETWEEN 11N AND 23N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF 165W BETWEEN 12N AND 23N. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 20N BETWEEN 176E AND 163E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF 158W BETWEEN 15N AND 25N. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT W OF 171E BETWEEN 12N AND 18N...ALSO N OF 27N BETWEEN 
175W AND 179E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS E OF 150W BETWEEN 14N AND 22N.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N156W TO 07N165W TO 07N175W TO 04N167E. 
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM N AND 90 NM S OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.