Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 23:44:05 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 270600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/270600Z-280600ZNOV2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 17.0S 173.0E,
APPROXIMATELY 260 NM WEST OF NADI, FIJI. THIS AREA IS ON THE
SOUTHEAST END OF THE THE SOUTH PACIFIC CONVERGENT ZONE. SATELLITE
ANIMATION DOES NOT INDICATE ANY ORGANIZATION OR FORMATIVE BANDING AT
THIS TIME. RECENT SCATERROMETRY DATA IMAGE SHOWS 25-30 KNOT
SOUTHEASTERLIES ON THE POLEWARD SIDE OF A POORLY-DEFINED LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). THE LLCC IS TRACKING SOUTHEASTWARD AT
APPROXIMATELY 10 KNOTS UNDER AN AREA OF MODERATE VERTICAL WINDSHEAR
(VWS). VWS VALUES GRADUALLY INCREASE FURTHER SOUTH. SURFACE WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1001 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.