Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 03:54:17 -0600

572 
FZPN01 KWBC 270954
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SAT NOV 27 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 27. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 28. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 29. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 39N155E 993 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 35N AND W OF 163E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N165E 980 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 41N AND W OF 
176E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N175E 989 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM OF CENTER WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 44N169W 999 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM N AND NE OF 
AN ASSOCIATED FRONT FROM 44N170W TO 46N165W TO 40N157W WINDS 30 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM S AND SE 
SEMICIRCLES AND WITHIN 360 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N159W 997 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM W  
AND S SEMICIRCLES AND WITHIN 360 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N142W 990 MB. WITHIN 420 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N128W 1003 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 780 NM 
W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT...HIGHEST 
NEAR 46N139W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND NEAR 48N123W 1011 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 31N TO 48N E OF 131W AREA OF NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. FROM 30N TO 36N E OF 123W 
AREA OF NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 47N157W 994 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND 
420 NM NW AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N148W 992 MB. WITHIN 720 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS AND 540 NM NW AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW INLAND NEAR 61N164W 1005 MB MOVING NE 45 KT WILL SLOW AND 
TURN SE. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
E OF 176E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N152W 1008 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 
THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS TO 59N AND E OF 171W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N143W 997 MB. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE 
WITH LOW 48N148W WITHIN 480 NM NW AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 39N TO 48N 
BETWEEN 156W AND 169W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 53N BETWEEN 146W AND 
159W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 54N BETWEEN 133W AND 
148W. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 43N BETWEEN 166E AND 174E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 54N AND W 
OF 177W. 

.HIGH 42N149W 1031 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N140W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N132W 1028 MB. 

.HIGH 50N172E 1028 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 60N176W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH INLAND ALASKA. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 41N179W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N172W 1029 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N173E 1026 MB. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SAT NOV 27.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN NOV 28.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON NOV 29.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.03 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95.5W N TO 
NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95.5W TO 
13N96.5W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.S OF LINE 25N140W TO 16N122W TO 08N NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN PRIMARILY NE AND E SWELL. FROM 10N TO 16N 
BETWEEN 115W AND 122W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN 
PRIMARILY NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF LINE 28N140W TO 25N132W TO 20N128W NE TO 
E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN PRIMARILY NE TO E SWELL. 
FROM 11N TO 16N BETWEEN 116W AND 128W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN NE TO E SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 26N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN N AND NE SWELL. FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 
120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N AND NE SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 09N98W 1009 MB MOVING W AT 7 KT. WITHIN 150 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N101W 1009 MB. EXCEPT AS NOTED 
BELOW...WITHIN 60 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES DISSIPATED NEAR 10N107W. WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95.5W N 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.03 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 45 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95.5W TO 13N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N95.5W TO 12.5N98W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. FROM 10N TO 13N BETWEEN 98W AND 102W NE 
TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N95.5W 
TO 12.5N98W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. FROM 10N 
TO 13N BETWEEN 98W AND 104W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT 30N119W TO 25N126W TO 
28N133W. NW OF FRONT E OF 133W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT.
.48 HOURS FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 20N BETWEEN 112W AND 
120W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. N 
OF 26N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL.  

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SAT NOV 27...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 09N82W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 09N98W TO A SECOND LOW PRES NEAR 10N108W TO 09N125W TO 
09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 120 NM 
OF LOW CENTERS. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS NOTED NEAR 10N111W AND 
NEAR 09N117W.  

$$
FORECASTER STRIPLING

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.