Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 04:45:19 -0600

385 
FZPN40 PHFO 271045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SAT NOV 27 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 27 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 28 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 29 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 25N175W TO 22N173E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 25N173W TO 23N177W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 22N175W 1007 MB. STATIONARY FRONT FROM LOW 
THROUGH 30N169W. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 13N177W. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT
WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 30N177W TO 23N174W.

.TROUGH FROM 23N143W TO 16N144W TO 10N149W NEARLY STATIONARY.
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS E OF TROUGH...AND ISOLATED TSTMS FROM 22N 
TO 18N BETWEEN TROUGH AND 150W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N162W TO 27N170W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N162E TO 27N160E MOVING E SLOWLY.

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 21N AND 15N E OF 157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT BETWEEN 25N AND 18N E OF 152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 24N AND 18N E OF 150W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 10 TO 12 FT BETWEEN 23N AND 14N E OF 152W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N 
OF 17N W OF 178E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BETWEEN 25N AND 10N E OF 170W.
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 20N AND 09N FROM 170W TO 170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 13 FT BETWEEN 26N AND 16N E OF 153W. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 28N AND 16N E OF 159W...AND BETWEEN
18N AND 10N E OF 172W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 10N W OF 179E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT BETWEEN 28N AND 16N E OF 155W...
AND IN THE AREA BOUNDED BY 30N169W 19N177W 19N168E 30N175E AND 
30N169W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 07N180E TO 07N166W TO 09N152W AND ALONG 10N E OF 145W.
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 169W AND 
176W.

$$
.FORECASTER LAU. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.