Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 06:29:30 -0600

149 
ATHW40 PHFO 271229
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC SAT NOV 27 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC NOVEMBER 27 2010

THE HIGH CLOUDS THAT OBSCURED THE WEST END OF THE ISLAND CHAIN SIX 
HOURS AGO HAVE DISSIPATED...ALLOWING ONE TO SEE WHERE THE LOW CLOUDS 
WERE AROUND THE STATE. KNOWING THAT THE TRADE WINDS ARE BLOWING...IT 
CAME AS NO SURPRISE THAT THE RANDOMLY DISTRIBUTED CLOUDS WERE 
SCATTERED TO BROKEN OVER WINDWARD AND MAUKA SECTIONS AND WINDWARD 
WATERS...AND ISOLATED TO SCATTERED OVER LEEWARD AREAS AND ADJACENT 
LEEWARD WATERS.

THE AREA OF BROKEN SHOWER-BEARING CLOUDS THAT WAS NORTHEAST OF THE 
ISLANDS AT THE LAST WRITING HAS SLID TO THE WEST AND IS NOW MOSTLY 
NORTH OF KAUAI AND OAHU. THE SOUTHERN FRINGE OF THE AREA WAS 
BRINGING SCATTERED SHOWERS TO WINDWARD SECTIONS. CLOUD MOVEMENT... 
TO THE WEST AT 25 MPH. CLOUD TOPS BASED ON INFRARED MEASUREMENTS OF 
CLOUD TOP TEMPERATURES...NEAR 7 THOUSAND FEET. 

LOOKING AT THE WATER VAPOR CHANNEL...AN IMPRESSIVE LOOKING UPPER LOW 
WAS CENTERED ABOUT 550 MILES EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND NEAR 19N147W. 
THE LOW APPEARED TO BE MOVING SLOWLY TO THE NORTHWEST. THUNDERSTORMS 
CONTINUED TO FORM WITHIN 100 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE LOW CENTER. THE 
LOW WAS ALSO DRAGGING THUNDERSTORMS UP FROM THE ITCZ LOCATED JUST 
SOUTH OF 10N. THESE THUNDERSTORMS WERE WITHIN 120 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 09N145W TO 17N138W. THUNDERSTORMS TOPS...UP TO 52 THOUSAND FEET.

$$

CRAIG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.