Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 08:48:12 -0600

666 
ATPQ40 PGUM 271447
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST SUN NOV 28 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.
 
A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM NORTHWEST OF MINAMI 
TORISHIMA THROUGH 25N150E TO 20N144E...THEN CONTINUING AS A SHEAR 
LINE TO BEYOND 130E AT 15N. CLOUDS AND PATCHY RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG 
AND UP TO 150 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS FEATURE...ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE ALSO SEEN AT THE SOUTHWESTERN END OF THE SHEAR 
LINE BETWEEN 130E AND 133E.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS NORTHWARD FROM 1N144E TO 9N141E. UPPER-LEVEL 
DIVERGENCE ASSOCIATED WITH AN UPPER LOW CENTERED NEAR 9N141E IS 
ENHANCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS NEAR THE 
TROUGH...SOUTH OF KOROR AND YAP WITHIN 90 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
2N131E TO 6N139E TO 8N147E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE EVIDENT FARTHER 
SOUTH WITHIN 60 MILES OF A LINE FROM 4N138E TO 2N145E.

A WEAK TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS CAUSING WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS 
FROM MAJURO TO THE DATE LINE BETWEEN 5N AND 8N FROM 169E TO 180.

AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW IS LOCATED SOUTHEAST OF WAKE ISLAND AT 15N173E. 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE PRESENT NEAR THIS SYSTEM WITHIN 70 MILES 
OF A LINE FROM 16N171E TO 19N180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.