Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 10:12:07 -0600

555 
FZPN01 KWBC 271611
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SAT NOV 27 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 27. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 28. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 29. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 42N158E 994 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 180 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
13 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 31N AND W OF 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N166E 984 MB. WITHIN 540 NM NE AND 600 
NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 34N TO 43N BETWEEN 168E AND 179E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N175E 995 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 540 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N165W 1000 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 480 NM 
E AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM S AND SE SEMICIRCLES AND WITHIN 360 NM N 
AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N158W 997 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
660 NM W AND S SEMICIRCLES AND WITHIN 360 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N138W 990 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NE AND 480 
NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N127W 1005 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 780 NM 
W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT...HIGHEST 
NEAR 46N139W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
FROM 30N TO 43N E OF 128 AREA OF NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 118W AND 123W AREA OF 
NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.30 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 47N157W 994 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND 
420 NM NW AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N148W 992 MB. WITHIN 720 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS AND 540 NM NW AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 59N143W 1007 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. FROM 54N TO 59N BETWEEN 
158W AND 141W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N143W 1007 MB. CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW INLAND NEAR 60N164W 1007 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. OVER ICE FREE 
FORECAST WATERS N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS E OF 179E WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N152W 1008 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 
THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS TO 59N AND E OF 168W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 36N TO 48N 
BETWEEN 154W AND 168W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 53N BETWEEN 146W AND 
159W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 54N BETWEEN 133W AND 
148W. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 43N BETWEEN 166E AND 174E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 54N AND W 
OF 177W. 

.HIGH 40N146W 1030 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N137W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N132W 1028 MB. 

.HIGH 50N174E 1027 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N176W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH INLAND ALASKA. 

.HIGH 32N174W 1021 MB MOVING SE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 60N173W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N173E 1026 MB. 

.FORECASTER MUSONDA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SAT NOV 27.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN NOV 28.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON NOV 29.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95.5W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 10N TO 25N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 10N W OF LINE FROM 27N140W TO 10N117W NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 10N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT.

.LOW PRES NEAR 11N109W 1010 MB. WITHIN 90 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N101W 1010 MB. LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 45 NM 
OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95.5W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 12N98W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT. FROM 11N TO 13N BETWEEN 98W AND 104W NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT 30N115W TO 28N126W. NW OF 
FRONT E OF 125W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOURS FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 22N E OF 120W NW TO N 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.   

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC SAT NOV 27...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 08N78W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 09N98W TO A SECOND LOW PRES NEAR 11N109W TO 10N132W TO 
11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF LOW 
CENTERS.  

$$
FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.