Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 10:45:21 -0600

273 
FZPN40 PHFO 271645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SAT NOV 27 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 27 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 28 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 29 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 25N175W TO 22N173E. WIDELY 
SCATTERED TSTMS WITHIN 100 NM EITHER SIDE OF FRONT E OF 180E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 25N174W TO 23N176W.
ALSO...A TROUGH FROM 23N174W TO 16N174W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 22N174W 1007 MB WITH A STATIONARY FRONT FROM 
LOW THROUGH 29N170W..30N165W.  ALSO TROUGH FROM LOW TO 16N174W.

.TROUGH FROM 23N143W TO 12N145W NEARLY STATIONARY. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS E OF TROUGH S OF 17N...AND ISOLATED TSTMS FROM 26N 
TO 18N BETWEEN TROUGH AND 150W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N164W TO 29N168W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N168E TO 26N160E MOVING E SLOWLY.

.FRONT W OF FCST AREA FROM 30N155E TO 25N150E MOVING E 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT STALLS...FROM 30N162E TO 29N160E.
STATIONARY FRONT BECOMING WARM FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WARM FRONT MOVED N OF FCST AREA.

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 24N AND 12N E OF 155W...AND ALSO 
ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 18N AND 12N E OF 165W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 24N AND 16N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 10 TO 12 FT BETWEEN 25N AND 09N E OF 162W. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT N 
OF 20N W OF 178E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 24N AND 09N E OF 
170W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 20N AND 09N FROM 170W TO 170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 13 FT BETWEEN 25N AND 17N E OF 155W. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE FROM 28N164W TO 09N174W. SEAS
8 TO 10 FT N OF 10N W OF 178E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N169W 20N180E 
20N164E 30N177E AND 30N169W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT W OF A LINE FROM 20N180E 
TO 10N170E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT BETWEEN 28N AND 16N E OF 155W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 06N180E TO 07N170W TO 08N161W TO 08N150W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM EITHER SIDE OF ITCZ BETWEEN 165W AND 
173W.

$$
.FORECASTER LAU. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.