Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 12:44:06 -0600

971 
ATHW40 PHFO 271843
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SAT NOV 27 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC NOVEMBER 27 2010

WATER VAPOR SHOWS THE UPPER LOW EAST OF THE ISLANDS TO BE NEAR 20N 
147.4W...OR ABOUT 480 MILES EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AT 8 AM. OVER THE 
LAST COUPLE OF HOURS THE UPPER LOW HAS BEGUN TO LIFT TO THE NORTH. 
THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS NEAR 42 THOUSAND FEET ARE NOTED TO THE NORTH 
AND EAST OF THE UPPER LOW CENTER. ADDITIONAL THUNDERSTORMS ARE ON 
ALONG THE EAST SIDE OF THE ASSOCIATED UPPER LEVEL TROUGH. THE 
THUNDERSTORMS EXTEND ALONG A LINE FROM 17N 138W TO 11N 141W TO 9N 
146W...WITH TOPS NEAR 50 THOUSAND FEET. 

SOME THIN HIGH CLOUDS ARE NOTED THIS MORNING WEST OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. MOST OF THE LOW CLOUDS ARE OVER AND NEAR KAUAI AND 
NIIHAU THIS MORNING. THESE ISLANDS ARE AT THE SOUTHERN END OF AN 
AREA OF CLOUDINESS THAT IS MOVING TO THE WEST. JUST A FEW CLOUDS ARE 
FOUND OVER THE KOOLAU RANGE ON OAHU...AND OVER THE HALAWA VALLEY ON 
MOLOKAI. LANAI APPEARS TO BE VIRTUALLY CLOUD FREE AT 8 AM. ON 
MAUI...LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE WEST 
MAUI MOUNTAINS AND HALEAKALA. A PLUME CLOUD EXTENDING SOUTHWEST OF 
MAUI IS AFFECTING PORTIONS OF KAHOOLAWE.

ON THE BIG ISLAND...SCATTERED CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE EAST FACING 
SLOPES OF THE KOHALA MOUNTAINS...WITH ADDITIONAL CLOUDS MOVING 
ONSHORE IN THE SOUTH HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS. A FEW HAVE ALREADY 
BEGUN TO FORM OVER THE WEST SIDE OF THE ISLAND FROM HAWAIIAN OCEAN 
VIEW ESTATES TO KAILUA-KONA.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.