Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 15:42:49 -0600

418 
FZPN01 KWBC 272142
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SAT NOV 27 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 27. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 28. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 29. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 45N160E 988 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
780 NM SE QUADRANT AND N OF 35N AND W OF 172E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N169E 982 MB. WITHIN 540 NM NE AND 600 
NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM WITHIN 240 NM E OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 46N176E TO 
36N170E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N179E 994 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 480 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N163W 996 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 900 NM SW...780 NM 
SE...240 NM NW AND 420 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N157W 997 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...840 NM E QUADRANT...AND S OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS N 
OF 50N BETWEEN 165W AND 148W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N141W 978 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF THE W 
COASTLINE OF CANADA AND ALASKA FROM 50N TO 60N WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
E OF 158W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.42 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 46N W OF 163E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST W OF A LINE FROM 35N160E TO 44N170E TO 50N168E 
 WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 49N124W 1006 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 780 NM 
SW AND 540 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
FROM 30N TO 40N E OF 125 AREA OF NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 59N144W 1007 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N143W 1007 MB. CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS E OF 
BETWEEN 177W AND 164W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS TO 59N AND E OF 165W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 180W AND 168W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 175E AND 161W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 36N TO 48N 
BETWEEN 154W AND 168W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 53N BETWEEN 146W AND 
159W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 54N BETWEEN 133W AND 
148W. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 43N BETWEEN 166E AND 174E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 54N AND W 
OF 177W. 

.HIGH 37N144W 1030 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N133W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N126W 1029 MB. 

.HIGH 47N178E 1027 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N174W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N169W 1031 MB.

.HIGH 56N178E 1027 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 60N170W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 40N164E 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N177W 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER MUSONDA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT NOV 27.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN NOV 28.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON NOV 29.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 10N TO 25N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 25N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 23N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. FROM 14N TO 23N BETWEEN 112W AND 120W 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES NEAR 11N109W 1010 MB. WITHIN 90 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N101W 1010 MB. LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 14N TO 23N BETWEEN 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 23N TO 26N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 45 NM 
OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W TO 11N100W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 12N98W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT. FROM 11N TO 13N BETWEEN 98W AND 104W NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT 30N115W TO 25N125W . NW 
OF FRONT E OF 125W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOURS FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 23N E OF 120W NW TO N 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 23N W OF 
120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.  

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SAT NOV 27...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 07N78W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 09N99W TO A SECOND LOW PRES NEAR 09N119W TO 11N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 09N TO 12N BETWEEN 96W AND 
104W. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS 12N111W AND WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE 
OF AXIS W OF 137W.  

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.