Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 18:41:42 -0600

307 
ATHW40 PHFO 280041
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SUN NOV 28 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC NOVEMBER 28 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS THE UPPER LEVEL LOW NEAR 20N 147W...ABOUT 
510 MILES EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AT 2 PM. THUNDERSTORMS REMAIN 
ACTIVE ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE UPPER LOW WITH CLOUD TOPS REACHING 
NEAR 41 THOUSAND FEET. ADDITIONAL THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND IN THE 
ITCZ...AND ARE BEING DRAWN NORTHWARD ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE 
ASSOCIATED UPPER LEVEL TROUGH. MOST OF THE THUNDERSTORMS ARE WITHIN 
AN AREA BOUNDED BY 15.4N 140.0W TO 8.6N 134.8W TO 9.0N 154.6W WITH 
TOPS REACHING NEAR 50 THOUSAND FEET. 

HIGH CLOUDS ARE MOVING OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS FROM THE WEST. 
THESE HIGH CLOUDS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH TO THE 
NORTHWEST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THE TROUGH AXIS EXTENDS FROM 
NEAR 30N 177W TO 19N 180. THE HIGH CLOUDS OVER KAUAI AND NIIHAU ARE 
THICK ENOUGH TO AT LEAST PARTIALLY OBSCURE THE LOWER CLOUDS OVER 
THESE ISLANDS. THROUGH THE USE OF ANIMATED VISIBLE IMAGERY...THERE 
APPEARS TO ONLY BE A FEW AREAS OF CLOUDS OVER KAUAI AT 2 PM.

JUST A FEW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER OAHU...MOLOKAI...LANAI AND 
KAHOOLAWE AT 2 PM. ON MAUI...THE CLOUDS HAVE THINNED A BIT SINCE 
SUNRISE...BUT REMAIN CONCENTRATED OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE 
WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS AND HALEAKALA. ON THE BIG ISLAND...THE CLOUDS 
OVER THE HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS DISSIPATED BY NOON...WHILE THE 
CLOUDS OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE KOHALA MOUNTAINS 
THICKENED. CLOUDS HAVE ALSO BUILT UP OVER THE SOUTH KONA AND NORTH 
KONA DISTRICTS IN THE LAST SEVERAL HOURS.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.