Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 22:02:33 -0600

003 
FZPN01 KWBC 280402
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SUN NOV 28 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 28. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 29. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 30. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N163E 984 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 23 FT. ALSO OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 780 NM S QUADRANT AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N171E 985 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 49N AND W OF 176W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N178W 998 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N161W 996 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 600 NM W QUADRANT 
AND WITHIN 240 NM N AND E OF A FRONT FROM 50N161W TO 48N152W TO 
43N148W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N144W 993 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 540 NM 
E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 57N141W 974 
MB WITH A FRONT FROM CENTER TO 56N136W TO 50N132W. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 300 NM N AND W SEMICIRCLES AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
THE FRONT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ALSO  WITHIN 960 
NM S AND SE QUADRANTS AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 48N151W 994 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MERGED INTO COMPLEX LOW 57N141W NOTED 
ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 61N155W 1010 MB MOVING SE 20 KT WITH A FRONT FROM CENTER TO 
53N172W. OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF THE FRONT TO 60N WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N144W 997 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MERGED INTO COMPLEX LOW 57N141W NOTED 
ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 41N TO 50N W OF 173E 
AREA OF WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

 .SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 32N TO 48N BETWEEN 121W AND 133W AREA 
OF NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N E OF 124W AREA OF NW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREA DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 167W AND 180W AREA OF 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 163W AND 178E AREA OF 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 39N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 146W AND 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 53N BETWEEN 134W AND 
151W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 42N AND E 
OF 134W. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 167E AND 173E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 53N AND W 
OF 177W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED.

.DENSE FOG. .48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 41N TO 49N BETWEEN 161E AND 170E. 

.HIGH 37N142W 1030 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N133W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N126W 1028 MB. 

.HIGH 44N180W 1026 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N173W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N169W 1032 MB. 

.HIGH 60N178W 1029 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 61N168W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N168E 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N176W 1031 MB. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN NOV 28.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON NOV 29.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE NOV 30.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 10N TO 23N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT IN PRIMARILY NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 25N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 24N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. FROM 11N TO 13N 
BETWEEN 95W AND 101W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. FROM 11N TO 13N BETWEEN 
95W AND 103W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 13N BETWEEN 101W AND 106W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO 12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W NE 
TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N W TO NW WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.

.12 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT 30N115W TO 27N125W TO 
30N140W. NW OF FRONT E OF 126W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT. NW OF FRONT BETWEEN 126W AND 132W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 25N E OF 125W NW TO N 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 25N W OF 
125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 24N E OF 120W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 24N W OF 120W. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SUN NOV 28...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 08N78W TO 06N90W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 09N101W TO 10N118W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM OF LOW CENTER. 
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS NEAR 10N98W AND NEAR 11N104W. 
SIMILAR CONVECTION IS FROM 08N TO 11N W OF 135W. 

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.