Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 22:45:27 -0600

006 
FZPN40 PHFO 280445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN NOV 28 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 28 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 29 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 30 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 24N175W 1012 MB MOVING S SLOWLY. FRONTS FROM LOW TO 30N167W AND 
FROM LOW TO 21N172E NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW AND WITHIN 1S0 NM E OF FRONT N OF LOW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 22N173W 1007 MB. FRONT FROM LOW TO 30N170W. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N170W TO 
24N180W TO 30N180W TO 30N170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 21N176W 1007 MB. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 30N172W. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N168W TO 
25N168W TO 25N177W TO 22N178E TO 30N178E TO 30N168W.

.TROUGH FROM 10N146W TO 16N141W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM S AND E OF TROUGH. 

.TROUGH FROM 16N148W TO 23N144W MOVING WNW SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM E OF TROUGH N OF 20N.

.FRONT JUST W OF FORECAST AREA.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N162E TO 29N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N163E TO 28N160E.

.RIDGE FROM 30N158W TO 26N169W MOVING NE SLOWLY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N170E TO 26N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 24N140W TO 17N140W TO 
22N153W TO 27N1521 TO 24N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 17N TO 23N E OF 
147W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 11 TO 13 FT IN AREA FROM 16N TO 24N E OF 152W. SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 08N E OF 165W. ALSO SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
AREA N OF 18N W OF 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN AREA N OF 15N E OF 160W. ALSO 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN ARA FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA N OF 15N E OF 155W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 11N146W TO 09N170W TO 07N170E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ W OF 170W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ E OF 152W.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.