Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 23:37:42 -0600

225 
FXPQ60 PGUM 280537
AFDPQ 

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
337 PM CHST SUN NOV 28 2010

.SYNOPSIS...ISOLATED SHOWERS AND PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES PREVAILED
ACROSS THE MARIANAS SUNDAY AFTERNOON. HIGH PRESSURE CENTERED NEAR
KOREA WILL MOVE OUT INTO THE NORTHWEST PACIFIC THE NEXT FEW DAYS
AND INCREASE THE TRADE-WINDS ACROSS THE MARIANAS THE FIRST HALF
OF THE WEEK.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD INTO THE LOCAL AREA AND INCREASE TRADE-
WINDS THE NEXT FEW DAYS. EXPECT EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH THROUGH
MOST OF THE WEEK. THERE WILL PROBABLY BE SOME GUST IN THE 20 TO
25 MPH RANGE THE FIRST HALF OF THE WEEK AS THE CENTER OF THE HIGH
MOVES BY TO THE DISTANT NORTH OF THE MARIANAS. MODELS KEEP
MOISTURE SHALLOW THE NEXT TEN DAYS SO SHOWERS SHOULD STAY
ISOLATED THROUGH THE FORECAST. 

&&

.MARINE...
EAST TRADE-WIND SWELL AND A NORTHEAST SWELL WILL PERSIST THROUGH
THE FORECAST. THESE SWELLS ADDED WITH THE HIGH WIND WAVES WILL
BUILD COMBINED SEAS TO 8 FEET MONDAY AND REMAIN THAT WAY THROUGH
MID-WEEK. 

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
SCATTERED SHOWERS HAVE DEVELOPED AT MAJURO AND ACROSS PARTS OF
THE MARSHALL ISLANDS AS A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE SLOWLY EDGES
WESTWARD. ELSEWHERE ACROSS THE REGION...DRY MODERATE TO FRESH
TRADE WINDS PERSIST. CURRENT FORECAST KEEPS A SLIGHT CHANCE FOR
THUNDERSTORMS AT MAJURO TONIGHT AS CONVECTION COULD ONCE AGAIN
DEVELOP. FAIR WEATHER AT KOSRAE WILL GRADUALLY CLOUD UP...AS WILL
POHNPEI BY TUESDAY. MODELS ARE IN AGREEMENT IN DEVELOPING ANOTHER
TROUGH AT MAJURO ON WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY WITH SOUTHEAST WINDS
ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
DRY TRADE WINDS CONTINUE ACROSS CHUUK AND ARE BUILDING INTO YAP
TONIGHT. A TROUGH EAST OF PALAU WILL PASS SOUTH OF YAP THROUGH
TOMORROW. THUNDERSTORMS ARE POSSIBLE AT PALAU AS THE TROUGH
ENTERS THE AREA. SATELLITE SHOWS CONVECTION HAS DECREASED TODAY
WITH LITTLE CELLS BEGINNING TO POP ONCE AGAIN THIS EVENING.
SCATTERED SHOWERS WILL LINGER THROUGH MONDAY BEFORE TAPERING OFF
BY TUESDAY. ISOLATED SHOWERS WILL THEN BE THE PATTERN THROUGH THE
REST OF THE WEEK.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

ZIOBRO/M. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.