Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 03:58:25 -0600

370 
FZPN01 KWBC 280957
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SUN NOV 28 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 28. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 29. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 30. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N165E 980 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM E AND 180 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 42N AND W OF 175E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N174E 987 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 
51N AND W OF 173W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 62N176W 998 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 49N158W 996 MB MOVING NE 30 
KT. WITHIN 360 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM S AND 360 NM N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 51N145W 990 
MB. WITHIN 840 NM S AND 540 NM E AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 44N157W. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N137W 979 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM NE AND E QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 TO 
22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N141W 974 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N AND W 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 1080 NM SE AND 780 NM SW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 540 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N149W 1006 MB MOVING SE 30 KT WITH A FRONT FROM CENTER TO 
54N169W. OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF THE FRONT TO 59N WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N142W 995 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MERGED INTO LOW 57N141W NOTED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N162E 992 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF 
A LINE FROM 41N179E TO 54N168E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 
FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 48N E OF 131W AREA OF NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N E OF 124W AREA OF NW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREA DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 167W AND 177E AREA OF 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 160W AND 177E AREA OF 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 39N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 145W AND 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 54N BETWEEN 130W AND 
147W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 169E AND 176E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 49N 
BETWEEN 173W AND 176E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 41N TO 52N BETWEEN 164E AND 175E. 

.HIGH 37N141W 1031 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N131W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N126W 1028 MB. 

.HIGH 41N179W 1027 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N172W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N170W 1034 MB. 

.HIGH 61N175W 1029 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 64N162W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH INLAND ALASKA. 

.HIGH 38N156E 1021 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N173E 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N173W 1033 MB. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SUN NOV 28.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON NOV 29.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE NOV 30.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 11N TO 17N BETWEEN 118W AND 125W AND FROM 11N TO 24N W OF 
125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N AND NE 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 25N W OF 119W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 24N W OF 117W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 13N97W INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT. FROM 10N TO 13N BETWEEN 98W AND 103W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 
9 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 
13N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. FROM 11N TO 13N BETWEEN 98W AND 105W E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 13N BETWEEN 98W AND 106W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO 
E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N W TO NW WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.06 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT 30N115W TO 28N126W. N OF 
FRONT E OF 126W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 23N E OF LINE 30N123W 
TO 23N118W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 25N WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN NW SWELL.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 24N E OF LINE 29N115W TO 24N123W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 24N E 
OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SUN NOV 28...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 08N78W TO 06N87W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 10N102W TO 10N121W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG IS FROM 08N TO 13N BETWEEN 97W AND 107W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE IS WITHIN 150 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 131W AND 
140W. 

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.