Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 04:45:32 -0600

438 
FZPN40 PHFO 281045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SUN NOV 28 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 28 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 29 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 30 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW REPOSITIONED TO 20N175W 1011 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGHS FROM 
LOW TO 30N170W AND FROM LOW TO 16N175W. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 
25N BETWEEN 175W AND 180W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 360 NM E 
AND 120 NM W OF LOW AND TROUGHS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 22N174W 1006 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 30N172W 
AND FROM LOW TO 15S175W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N172W 
TO 21N180W TO 22N177E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. TROUGH FROM 28N171W TO 16N179E. 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 28N170W TO 26N180W TO 21N177E TO 
23N174E.

.FRONT FROM 31N161E TO 30N160E TO 29N159E MOVING E SLOWLY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N162E TO 29N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N161E TO 29N160E.

.TROUGH FROM 10N151W TO 18N146W MOVING W 15 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF TROUGH S OF 11N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N170E TO 26N161E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF 155W BETWEEN 20N AND 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE FROM 10N170W TO 17N165W TO 18N155W TO 
27N157W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT W OF 174E BETWEEN 14N AND 21N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 20N BETWEEN 170W AND 176E. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF 160W BETWEEN 18N AND 27N. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT W OF 
166E BETWEEN 11N AND 18N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF 18N BETWEEN 173W AND 173E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN AREA E OF 150W N OF 19N. 

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 10N145W...AND FROM 10N153W TO 09N173W TO 
01N161E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.