Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 06:31:26 -0600

025 
ATHW40 PHFO 281230
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC SUN NOV 28 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC NOVEMBER 28 2010

OVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS...HIGH...CIRRUS...CLOUDS OVER THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN HAVE DECREASED BUT STILL PARTLY BLOCK THE VIEW OF LOWER 
LEVEL FEATURES ON NIGHTTIME INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. SATELLITE 
LOOPS CONTINUE TO SHOW SHOWERY SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS MOVING 
TOWARD THE ISLANDS FROM THE EAST AT 25 MPH AND RADARS CONTINUE TO 
SHOW MODERATE SHOWERS IN THESE CLOUDS. SHOWERS HAVE BEEN MOVING OVER 
WINDWARD AREAS OF THE SMALLER ISLANDS BUT MANY OF THEM HAVE BEEN 
SLIDING PAST BY THE BIG ISLAND.

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A HIGH AMPLITUDE PATTERN OVER THE CENTRAL 
NORTH PACIFIC WITH ACTIVE WEATHER EAST AND WEST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS. ONE LOW ALOFT IS CENTERED 500 MILES EAST NORTHEAST OF HILO 
AT 22N148W. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS AND SCATTERED 
CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS WITH TOPS TO 35000 FT COVER THE AREA FROM 19N TO 
24N BETWEEN 143W AND 150W. OVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS THE LOW HAS 
MOVED NORTH AT 10 MPH.

A SECOND LOW ALOFT IS CENTERED 1100 MILES WEST OF KAUAI AT 25N177W. 
OVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS THE LOW HAS REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY. 
A 570 MILE WIDE BAND OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS AND ISOLATED 
EMBEDDED CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS IS WEST OF A LINE FROM 30N168W TO 
25N167W TO 20N167W. THERE IS A RIDGE ALOFT BETWEEN THE LOW WEST OF 
THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS AND THE ONE TO THE EAST. BROKEN CIRRUS 
CLOUDS ARE STREAMING EAST AND SOUTHEAST OVER THE RIDGE FROM THE 
CLOUD BAND WEST OF KAUAI. SOME OF THESE CLOUDS ARE REACHING THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.

$$
DONALDSON 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.