Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 09:52:31 -0600

401 
FZPN01 KWBC 281552
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SUN NOV 28 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 28. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 29. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 30. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 50N155W 997 MB MOVING NE 30 
KT. WITHIN 360 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM S AND 360 NM N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 52N140W 990 
MB. WITHIN 180 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 59N143W TO 52N135W TO 
47N130W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE FROM 38N160W TO 35N140W TO 45N24W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N141W 972 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 780 
NM SW SEMICIRCLES...EXCEPT N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 24 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N167E 980 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM E AND 180 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 42N AND W OF 175E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N174E 990 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 
51N AND W OF 168W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N176W 998 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED WITH LOW 56N141W ABOVE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS W OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 48N127W TO 34N137W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N162E 992 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF 
A LINE FROM 35N170E TO 50N175W TO 55N172E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 42N E OF 127W AREA OF NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 122W AREA OF NW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREA DISSIPATED. 

.FROM 30N TO 32N BETWEEN 180W AND 170W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 167W AND 177E AREA OF 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 162W AND 175E AREA OF 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 142W AND 158W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 45N TO 54N BETWEEN 130W AND 
143W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 165E AND 175E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 42N TO 54N BETWEEN 164E AND 177W. 

.HIGH 36N138W 1028 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N130W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 41N177W 1027 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N171W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N169W 1035 MB. 

.HIGH 59N173W 1029 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH INLAND ALASKA. 

.HIGH 39N160E 1021 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N179E 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 42N169W ABOVE. 

.FORECASTER MUSONDA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SUN NOV 28.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON NOV 29.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE NOV 30.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N116W TO 28N122W TO 29N128W. N OF FRONT NW TO 
N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 23N E OF 125W NW 
TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 23N W OF 
125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N E OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 23N BETWEEN 120W AND 135W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.FROM 11N TO 22N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 11N TO 26N W OF 115W NE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 13N121W TO 09N124W. FROM 11N TO 
13N BETWEEN 123W AND 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 11N TO 23N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 14N125W TO 10N127W. FROM 12N TO 
17N BETWEEN 122W AND 128W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 11N TO 23N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. 

.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 13N98W INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT. FROM 11N TO 13N BETWEEN 98W AND 105W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 
9 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 13N BETWEEN 100W AND 105W E WINDS  
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 12N W OF 88W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST 10N TO 12N W OF 88W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 24N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 23N TO 28N. FROM 20N TO 23N E OF 110W NW 
TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC SUN NOV 28...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 09N85W TO 07N93W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 10N104W TO LOW PRES NEAR 10N112W TO 09N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 120 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 
103W AND 106W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION 
WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 122W AND 130W.
$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.