Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 10:45:30 -0600

365 
FZPN40 PHFO 281645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SUN NOV 28 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 28 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 29 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 30 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 22N175W 1009 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 29N171W 
AND FROM LOW TO 19N177W. NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 
30N172W TO 25N176W TO 21N178W TO 22N178E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N 
OF 18N BETWEEN 166W AND 177W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 22N176W 1007 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 29N173W 
AND FROM LOW TO 15S177W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 23N170W 
TO 26N175W TO 20N176E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 19N178W 1007 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE 
FROM 27N168W TO 27N180W TO 20N175E TO 21N173E.

.FRONT FROM 30N161E TO 29N160E NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT LITTLE CHANGE.

.TROUGH FROM 09N154W TO 14N150W TO 19N149W MOVING W 20 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 270 NM E OF TROUGH. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N170E TO 27N162E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF 155W BETWEEN 18N AND 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE FROM 10N165W TO 28N157W. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT W OF 171E BETWEEN 13N AND 21N...ALSO N OF 22N BETWEEN 175W AND 
179E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N172W TO 
18N180W TO 16N174E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF 158W BETWEEN 19N AND 28N. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT W OF 166E BETWEEN 13N AND 18N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 27N162W TO 
24N178W TO 16N178E TO 20N170E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN AREA E OF 151W N OF 19N. 

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 10N148W...AND FROM 10N157W TO 09N172W TO 
02N162E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.