Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 12:00:36 -0600

476 
ATHW40 PHFO 281800
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1800 UTC SUN NOV 28 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1730 UTC NOVEMBER 28 2010

SCATTERED TO BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS HAVE BEEN STREAMING OVER THE ISLES 
FROM THE WEST AND NORTHWEST THIS MORNING.

AT THE LOWER LEVELS...LOW CEILINGS...SOME WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS... 
ARE MAINLY AFFECTING WINDWARD AND MAUKA SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL 
ISLANDS.  THIS HAS RECENTLY BEEN THE CASE MOST PARTICULARLY OVER 
OAHU AND EAST MAUI.  LEEWARD AREAS ARE PARTLY CLOUDY FOR THE MOST 
PART...THOUGH OCCASIONAL BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS HAS BEEN MOVING OVER 
WESTERN PORTIONS OF OAHU.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST TO 
SLIGHTLY SOUTH OF EAST AT 15 TO 20 MPH JUST EAST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND...AND FROM THE EAST AT 20 TO 25 MPH ELSEWHERE AROUND THE 
ALOHA STATE.

SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS ARE SCATTERED TO BROKEN IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL 
WATERS.  MOST OF THE BROKEN CONDITIONS ARE CURRENTLY UPWIND FROM THE 
ISLES...ESPECIALLY NORTH CLOCKWISE THROUGH SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND...AND NORTH OF KAUAI.  ON THE OTHER HAND...SKIES ARE NEARLY 
CLEAR IMMEDIATELY WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND...DISCOUNTING ANY HIGH 
CLOUDS.

TWO UPPER LOWS ARE EAST AND WEST OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.  THE FIRST 
IS ABOUT 425 MILES EAST-NORTHEAST OF HILO AND HAS MOVED SLOWLY WEST 
OVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS.  THE SYSTEM IS INDUCING SHOWERS AND 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AREA FROM 14N TO 25N BETWEEN 142W AND 
151W.  THE OTHER LOW IS APPROXIMATELY 1050 MILES WEST OF KAUAI AND 
HAS BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.  THIS FEATURE IS 
HELPING TO GENERATE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS FROM 19N TO 30N 
BETWEEN 167W AND 179W.  A JET STREAM IS PASSING SOUTH OF THIS SECOND 
LOW...WITH ITS AXIS ALONG A LINE FROM 15N180 TO 19N170W TO 17N160W 
TO 10N150W.

SPARSE CONVECTION IS FIRING ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE 
FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE ACTIVITY IS CURRENTLY IN THE AREA 
FROM 07.5N TO 11N BETWEEN 154W AND 172W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.