Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 15:52:19 -0600

210 
FZPN01 KWBC 282151
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SUN NOV 28 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 28. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 29. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 30. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 50N153W 996 MB MOVING NE 30 
KT. WITHIN 480 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM S AND 360 NM N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N139W 985 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E OF A LINE 
FROM 59N143W TO LOW TO 48N130W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 19 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N141W 979 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E OF A FRONT 
FROM LOW TO 50N130W WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE FROM 37N155W TO 
35N140W TO 43N124W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N140W 972 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 780 
NM SW SEMICIRCLES...EXCEPT N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 24 FT...HIGHEST WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N169E 982 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM E AND 180 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 540 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. ALSO FROM 38N TO 46N BETWEEN 171E AND 177W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N177E 991 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 
51N AND W OF 168W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N175W 1000 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA. FROM 35N TO 46N W OF 165E S TO 
SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA NEAR 52N155W 992 MB. WITHIN 480 
NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N163E 984 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 33N160E TO 47N172W TO 55N173W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A 
FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 47N125W TO 34N136W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 16 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 38N E OF 125W AREA OF NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DISSIPATED. 

.FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 180W AND 167W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 161W AND 177E AREA OF 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 158W AND 177E AREA OF 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 142W AND 158W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 45N TO 54N BETWEEN 130W AND 
143W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 165E AND 175E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 42N TO 54N BETWEEN 164E AND 177W. 

.HIGH 35N137W 1029 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N126W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED INLAND. 

.HIGH 41N174W 1027 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N170W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N167W 1036 MB. 

.HIGH 59N169W 1028 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH INLAND ALASKA. 

.HIGH 40N164E 1021 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N176W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 43N167W ABOVE. 

.FORECASTER MUSONDA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN NOV 28.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON NOV 29.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE NOV 30.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 29N115W TO 27N128W. N OF FRONT NW TO 
N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 23N E OF 125W N  
TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 23N W OF 
125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N E OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 23N BETWEEN 120W AND 135W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.FROM 11N TO 22N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 26N W OF 115W NE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 13N125W TO 09N126W. FROM 12N TO 23N W 
OF 115W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF W 
OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 15N127W TO 10N129W. FROM 14N TO 
19N BETWEEN 120W AND 131W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 11N TO 23N W OF 115W NE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. 

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 11N TO 14N BETWEEN 96W AND 105W 
NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 13N BETWEEN 104W AND 106W E WINDS  
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO 18 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST 10N TO 12N E OF 88W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 24N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 23N TO 28N. FROM 20N TO 23N E OF 110W NW 
TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO O7N E OF 90W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SUN NOV 28...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 09N84W TO 07N92W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 09N105W TO 09N121W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
CONVECTION IS FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 98W AND 108W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS FROM 09N TO 11N 
BETWEEN BETWEEN 122W AND 127W.

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.