Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 18:00:39 -0600

129 
ATHW40 PHFO 290000
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0000 UTC MON NOV 29 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 2330 UTC NOVEMBER 28 2010

HIGH CLOUDINESS HAS DECREASED OVER THE ALOHA STATE SINCE THIS 
MORNING...THOUGH ANOTHER AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST CIRRUS CLOUDS IS 
APPROACHING THE ISLANDS FROM THE WEST THIS EARLY AFTERNOON.

LOW CLOUDS...SOME WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS...ARE PREVALENT OVER MOST OF 
THE ISLAND CHAIN.  ON THE BIG ISLAND...HOWEVER...AREAS OF NEARLY 
CLEAR SKIES EXIST...FOR THE MOMENT ANYWAY...IN LEEWARD KOHALA AND 
COASTAL SECTIONS OF NORTH AND SOUTH KONA.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS 
FROM THE EAST TO SLIGHTLY SOUTH OF EAST STATEWIDE...AT 10 TO 15 MPH 
AT THE EAST OF THE STATE AND INCREASING TO NEAR 25 MPH MOVING UP THE 
CHAIN TO KAUAI.

IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS...CONDITIONS ARE PREDOMINANTLY 
SCATTERED...IGNORING ANY HIGH CLOUDINESS.  TO BE MORE PRECISE...MUCH 
OF THE SCATTERED LOW CLOUDINESS THAT DOES EXIST IS SHOWERY AND HAS 
BEEN MAINLY AIMED AT THE ISLES FROM MAUI TO KAUAI.  ELSEWHERE... 
OUTSIDE THE COASTAL WATERS ABOUT 250 MILES NORTHEAST OF HILO...IS A 
WEAK SURFACE TROUGH MOVING WEST WITH THE PREVAILING TRADE FLOW.

AN UPPER LOW IS AROUND 450 MILES NORTHEAST OF HILO AND HAS BEEN 
NEARLY STATIONARY OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.  SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH THE FEATURE ARE LOCATED FROM 16N TO 
21N BETWEEN 141W AND 149W...AND FROM 23N TO 26N BETWEEN 144W AND 
153W.  ANOTHER UPPER LOW IS SLIGHTLY MORE THAN 1000 MILES WEST OF 
KAUAI AND HAS HEADED SLOWLY SOUTH SINCE EARLIER IN THE DAY.  MOST OF 
THE CONVECTION WITH THIS SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY BOUNDED BY 30N172W TO 
20N165W TO 16N180 TO 20N174W TO 23N179W TO 30N172W.  THE AXIS OF A 
JET STREAM PASSING SOUTH OF THIS SECOND LOW IS ALONG A LINE FROM 
15N180 TO 21N163W TO 17N157W TO 11N150W.  HIGH CLOUDS BEING 
TRANSPORTED BY THE JET ARE THE ELEMENTS JUST WEST AND SOUTHWEST OF 
THE ISLES...AS ALLUDED TO IN FIRST PARAGRAPH.

SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL 
CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII REMAIN FAIRLY WEAK AND LIMITED 
AREALLY.  MOST OF THE CONVECTION IS FOUND FROM 08N TO 11.5N BETWEEN 
150W AND 167W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.