Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 22:04:19 -0600

183 
FZPN01 KWBC 290403
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC MON NOV 29 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 29. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 30. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 01. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 46N153W 994 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM W 
 QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 420 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MERGED INTO LOW 58N142W NOTED BELOW.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N145W 994 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 420 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.  
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N140W 984 MB WITH A FRONT FROM CENTER TO 
50N131W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 300 NM NE QUADRANT AND 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N142W 974 MB WITH A FRONT FROM CENTER TO 
56N136W TO 50N129W. WITHIN 240 NM W AND N SEMICIRCLES AND 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 
15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1020 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS AND 
WITHIN 540 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N138W 987 MB. WITHIN 660 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS...420 NM SE QUADRANT...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM OF 
CENTER WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
52N141W. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N163E 1007 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 540 NM E AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N164E 991 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
AND 300 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA NEAR 56N166E 981 MB. WITHIN 360 
NM S QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE N 
OF 47N AND W OF 179W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N171E 985 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 49N AND W OF 175W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N179W 996 MB. N OF 55N AND W OF 167W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N171W 1004 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N145W 997 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM W 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MERGED INTO LOW 58N142W NOTED ABOVE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 36N E OF 125W AREA OF NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DISSIPATED. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 166W AND 179E AREA OF NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 163W AND 177E AREA OF 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 157W AND 179E AREA OF 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A 
FRONT FROM 44N124W TO 37N131W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 135W AND 151W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 43N AND E 
OF 135W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 300 NM NE 
AND E OF A FRONT FROM 57N174E TO 52N179E TO 47N180W.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 41N TO 49N BETWEEN 163E AND 171E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 420 NM 
NE AND E OF A FRONT FROM 57N175E TO 52N179W TO 45N177E. 

.HIGH 35N134W 1027 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N125W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N124W 1026 MB. 

.HIGH 41N173W 1029 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N169W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N167W 1037 MB. 

.HIGH 41N167E 1026 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N175W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 43N167W NOTED ABOVE. 

.HIGH 61N166W 1027 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH INLAND ALASKA. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N166E 1031 MB. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC MON NOV 29.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE NOV 30.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED DEC 01.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 25N E OF 123W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN NW SWELL.   
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N E OF 125W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 23N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N E OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.FROM 12N TO 25N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT WITH NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT...HIGHEST SEAS N OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 13N124W TO 09N127W. FROM 12N TO 23N W 
OF 115W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N
W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 14N126W TO 10N130W. FROM 14N TO 
20N BETWEEN 120W AND 132W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT WITH NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 11N TO 26N W OF 115W NE 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
FROM 20N TO 23N BETWEEN 107W AND 110W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT. FROM 20N TO 23N BETWEEN 107W AND 110W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN N SWELL.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO 12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST 10N TO 12N E OF 88W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. 

.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO O7N E OF 86W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC MON NOV 29...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 09N84W TO 07N92W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 09N106W TON A SECOND LOW PRES NEAR 11N114W TO 
09N123W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 
NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 98W AND 102W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO 
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS FROM 08N TO 11N BETWEEN 120W AND 
127W.

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.