Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 22:45:48 -0600

072 
FZPN40 PHFO 290445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC MON NOV 29 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 29 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 30 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 01 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 22N176W 1005 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 26N175W 
TO 30N172W AND FROM LOW TO 19N175W TO 16N177W NEARLY STATIONARY. NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 150 NM OF A LINE FROM 30N175W TO 26N180W TO 
22N177E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA N OF 18N BETWEEN 170W AND 
178W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 21N176W 1005 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 26N175W 
TO 30N172W AND FROM LOW TO 16N178W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF 
A LINE FROM 23N169W TO 26N177W TO 21N174E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 21N177W 1007 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N 
OF 26N BETWEEN 160W AND 175E.

.FRONT FROM 30N162E TO 28N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT LITTLE CHANGE.

.TROUGH FROM 25N150W TO 20N152W TO 15N152W TO 11N154W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM E OF TROUGH N OF 21N. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N170E TO 28N161E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA BETWEEN 16N AND 24N E OF 148W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N140W TO 14N140W TO 14N162W TO 
30N162W TO 30N140W...AND IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N172W TO 18N179E TO 
10N160E TO 22N160E TO 30N175E TO 30N172W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N165W TO 
17N177W TO 17N165E TO 24N170E TO 30N 174E TO 30N165W. ALSO SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N145W TO 22N140W TO 12N140W TO 20N155W TO 
30N160W TO 30N145W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N152W TO 
26N160W TO 24N174W TO 17N178E TO 17N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 25N145W TO 
21N143W TO 17N146W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 10N154W TO 10N164W TO 11N173W TO 08N165W TO 
09N174E TO 06N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ 
BETWEEN 152W AND 171W AND WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ W OF 168E.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.