Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 03:50:37 -0600

646 
FZPN01 KWBC 290949
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC MON NOV 29 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 29. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 30. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 01. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N141W 985 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 480 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N141W 978 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF A LINE FROM 57N141W TO 50N130W WINDS 40 TO 55 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N142W 974 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1080 NM SE 
AND 780 NM SW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 540 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N135W 991 MB. WITHIN 720 NM W AND 420 NM 
S QUADRANTS...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM OF CENTER WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 51N138W. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 47N147W 988 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. WITHIN 360 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE AND 480 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N138W 979 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 480 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MERGED INTO LOW 57N142W NOTED ABOVE. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N162E 999 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 720 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA NEAR 57N168E 980 MB. WITHIN 360 
NM S QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N173E 986 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
480 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 62N175W 996 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N169W 1005 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N AND E 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N145W 994 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 420 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MERGED INTO LOW 57N142W NOTED ABOVE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 36N E OF 124W AREA OF NW WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DISSIPATED. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 166W AND 178E AREA OF NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 163W AND 177E AREA OF 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 151W AND 1778W AREA OF 
E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 37N TO 47N W OF 163E 
AREA OF S WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 54N 
BETWEEN 131W AND 146W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 42N AND E 
OF 131W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 165E AND WITHIN 360 NM NE AND E OF A FRONT FROM 58N177E 
TO 51N177W TO 46N177W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 41N TO 51N BETWEEN 165E AND 178E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 420 NM 
NE AND E OF A FRONT FROM 59N180W TO 53N175W TO 44N179E. 

.HIGH 35N132W 1028 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N125W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N126W 1027 MB. 

.HIGH 41N172W 1030 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N169W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N164W 1038 MB. 

.HIGH 43N173E 1027 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N173W 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 42N164W NOTED ABOVE. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N173E 1031 MB. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MON NOV 29.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE NOV 30.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED DEC 01.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W N 
TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 25N E OF 123W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN NW SWELL. N OF 25N W OF 123W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NE PORTION.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 22N BETWEEN 110W AND 120W N TO NE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 22N W OF 120W...EXCEPT 
N OF 25N W OF 135W...WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 27N BETWEEN 114W AND 122W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

.TROUGH FROM 12N126W TO 09N129W. FROM 10N TO 25N W OF 120W NE TO 
E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 14N126W TO 11N129W. FROM 12N TO 
22N W OF 116W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. FROM 10N TO 12N W OF 116W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 16N129W TO 11N130W. FROM 14N TO 
21N W OF 122W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 23N W OF 122W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT. FROM 20N TO 23N BETWEEN 107W AND 110W NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 07N E OF 85W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N E OF 86W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT.

.42 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 
96W N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
90 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC MON NOV 29...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 10N107W TO LOW PRES NEAR 10N115W TO 10N126W THEN RESUMES 
NEAR 08N131W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM NE 
QUADRANT OF FIRST LOW AND 120 NM NW QUADRANT OF SECOND LOW. 
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 09N TO 12N BETWEEN 120W 
AND 128W AND WITHIN 90 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 134W AND 137W.

$$
.FORECASTER LEWITSKY. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.