Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 04:46:11 -0600

563 
FZPN40 PHFO 291045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON NOV 29 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 29 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 30 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 01 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 21N176W 1004 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 20N173W 
TO 14N180W NEARLY STATIONARY. NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 150 NM OF 
A LINE FROM 30N175W TO 26N180W TO 22N177E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
IN AREA FROM 18N TO 26N BETWEEN 169W AND 177W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 20N176W 1005 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 16N178W. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF A LINE FROM 23N169W TO 26N177W TO 
21N174E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 21N177W 1008 MB. WINDS 25 TO 30 KT N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 159W AND 171W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 26N 
BETWEEN 155W AND 175E.

.FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 25N180W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.FRONT FROM 30N163E TO 28N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT LITTLE CHANGE.

.TROUGH FROM 25N149W TO 20N151W TO 15N1523. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM E OF TROUGH. 

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA BETWEEN 16N AND 24N E OF 148W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 9 TO 15 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 30N172W TO 18N179W 
TO 18N172E TO 25N172E TO 30N178E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 
15N140W TO 22N158W TO 30N158W. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT W OF 168E BETWEEN 10N 
AND 18N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 
30N165W TO 21N171W TO 24N177W TO 15N179W TO 20N169E TO 30N176E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N150W TO 
25N160W TO 25N180W TO 16N175E TO 16N160E...AND S OF A LINE FROM 
30N174E TO 21N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 24N149W TO 
18N143W TO 16N146W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 10N164W TO 11N171W TO 10N177W TO 08N170E TO 
05N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ E OF 174W AND 
WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 168E.

$$
.FORECASTER POWELL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.