Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 10:26:43 -0600

195 
FZPN01 KWBC 291625
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC MON NOV 29 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 29. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 30. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 01. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 57N140W 982 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A 
FRONT FROM 58N141W TO 49N130W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM W AND NW QUADRANTS...AND NE OF A 
LINE FROM 43N128W TO 53N140W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N141W 980 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS AND 180 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 47N125W TO 42N128W WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST IN SW QUADRANT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 46N BETWEEN 128W AND 159W...AND WITHIN 300 NM SE 
OF A FRONT  48N125W TO 35N138W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N136W 996 MB. WITHIN 300 NM OF LOW 
EXCEPT 600 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.

..STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 54N164E 996 MB. FROM 41N TO 55N 
W OF 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 59N170E 985 MB. FROM 53N TO 57N 
W OF 170E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 600 NM S AND E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 50N142W 982 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 57N140W WITHIN 360 NM SE...720 NM SW...AND 240 NM NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 56N141W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED IN STORM WARNING ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.N OF 50N BETWEEN 170W AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 58N BETWEEN 165W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

....GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N173E 986 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
480 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 62N175W 996 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N169W 1005 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N AND E 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N160E 1001 MB. FROM 37N TO 49N W OF 165E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING...
.N OF 61N E OF 172W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N AND NE OF A LINE FROM 60N167W TO 63N173W 
AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM N OF 62N E OF 168W AREAS OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 124W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 163W AND 176E AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 163W AND 180W AREA OF 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 151W AND 178W AREA OF 
E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST BETWEEN THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS AND A LINE FROM 
45N175W TO 50N160W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 45N TO 54N 
BETWEEN 135W AND 141W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 51N BETWEEN 178W AND 
170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 50N BETWEEN 170W AND 
178W.

.HIGH 35N130W 1028 MB MOVING SE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N126W 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N128W 1023 MB.

.HIGH 42N168W 1030 MB MOVING N 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N168W 1036 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N162W 1038 MB.

.HIGH 45N177E 1028 MB MOVING E 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 45N168W.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N169E 1031 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC MON NOV 29.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE NOV 30.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED DEC 01.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC STORM WARNING...
.42 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W N 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W N 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 23N E OF 125W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
IN NW SWELL N OF 25N E OF 120W. N OF 23N W OF 125W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N E OF 120W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 23N BETWEEN 120W AND 135W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.

.FROM 11N TO 23N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SURFACE TROUGH FROM 13N125W TO 11N128W. FROM 
13N TO 18N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 11N TO 23N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SURFACE TROUGH FROM 15N130W TO 12N130W. FROM 
12N TO 18N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 11N TO 23N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. 

.18 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT. FROM 20N TO 23N BETWEEN 107W AND 110W NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.30 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 07N E OF 85W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N E OF 86W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT.

.42 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
90 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC MON NOV 29...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 10N110W TO LOW PRES NEAR 10N116W TO 09N125W 08N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 107W AND 123W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG 
CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 132W AND 135W.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.