Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 12:01:01 -0600

905 
ATHW40 PHFO 291800
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1800 UTC MON NOV 29 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1730 UTC NOVEMBER 29 2010

HIGH CLOUDS HAVE BECOME SCATTERED OVER THE ISLANDS THIS MORNING.  
THEY HAVE BEEN MOVING FROM THE WEST AND NORTHWEST.

LOW CLOUDINESS IS SCATTERED OVER MOST OF THE ALOHA STATE.  BROKEN 
CONDITIONS ARE OCCURRING...HOWEVER...IN THE PUNA AND HILO DISTRICTS 
ON THE BIG ISLAND...AND OCCASIONALLY IN WINDWARD SECTIONS OF EAST 
MAUI...AND MAUKA PORTIONS OF WEST MAUI AND KAUAI.  LOW CLOUD 
MOVEMENT IS FROM THE EAST TO SLIGHTLY SOUTH OF EAST AT 10 TO 20 MPH 
STATEWIDE...WITH SPEEDS INCREASING FROM EAST TO WEST.

HIGH CLOUDS ARE CAUSING CEILINGS SOUTHEAST CLOCKWISE THROUGH WEST OF 
THE BIG ISLAND.  SKIES ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE 
ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

AN UPPER LOW IS AROUND 950 MILES WEST OF KAUAI...AND HAS BEEN 
PUSHING NORTH NEAR 10 MPH OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.  THE SYSTEM IS 
GENERATING A BROAD AREA OF SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS... 
MAINLY FROM 18N TO 29N BETWEEN 167W AND 178W.  A JET STREAM PASSING 
SOUTH OF THE LOW IS CENTERED ALONG A LINE FROM 13N180 TO 16N170W TO 
19N160W TO JUST SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND TO 17N150W.  THE JET IS 
CARRYING HIGH-LEVEL CIRRUS CLOUDS...SOME OF WHICH ARE CAUSING THE 
CEILINGS NEAR THE BIG ISLAND AS MENTIONED IN THE THIRD PARAGRAPH.  A 
BROAD...NEARLY STATIONARY...UPPER TROUGH EXISTS EAST OF THE ISLES... 
WITH ITS AXIS ROUGHLY 500 MILES NORTHEAST OF HILO.  THIS FEATURE IS 
INDUCING SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS FROM 16N TO 18N BETWEEN 
142W AND 151W...AND FROM 22N TO 26N BETWEEN 142W AND 150W.

UNORGANIZED CONVECTION IS FIRING ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE 
ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MUCH OF THE ACTIVITY IS LOCATED FROM 
06.5N TO 09N BETWEEN 132W AND 151W.  MORE INTENSE CONVECTION IS 
IGNITING IN THE AREA BOUNDED BY 15N167W TO 09N164W TO 10N178W TO 
15N170W TO 15N167W.  THESE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE BEING DRAWN 
NORTH BY THE UPPER LOW DISCUSSED IN THE PARAGRAPH JUST ABOVE.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.