Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:16:09 -0600

791 
FZPN01 KWBC 292213
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC MON NOV 29 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 29. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 30. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 01. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 57N139W 978 MB MOVING NW 10 KT WILL TURN SE AFTER 12 HOURS. 
NE OF A LINE FROM 58N142W TO 48N128W WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 
TO 28 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 52N130W. ELSEWHERE N OF 52N E OF 159W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N140W 982 MB WITH FRONT FROM 46N124W TO 
37N133W. WITHIN 420 NM S AND 540 NM W QUADRANTS...AND 120 NM E 
OF THE FRONT N OF 42N WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 
FT...EXCEPT E OF THE FRONT 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM 
NE AND 660 NM SW SEMICIRCLES AND 240 NM E AND SE OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N134W 1000 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 41N TO 
52N BETWEEN 141W AND 150W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 
FT WITH N TO NW SWELL.

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NW OF AREA 56N165E 987 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 43N170E TO 55N177E WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 43N TO 54N BETWEEN 173W 
AND 177E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 59N173E 988 MB. WITHIN 300 NM 
SE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 
52N BETWEEN 170W AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 51N138W 980 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 57N139W FROM 37N TO 52N E OF 155W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED INTO LOW 55N140W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED IN STORM WARNING ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW NW OF AREA 60N178E 992 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 54N W OF 170W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N170W 1002 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N165E 996 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 13 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
39N TO 52N W OF 175E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 61N E OF 170W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N E OF 171W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.  

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 162W AND 176E AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 156W AND 178W AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 143W AND 180W AREA OF 
E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.LOW 45N163E 1010 MB MOVING N 30 KT. WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED IN 
WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE WITH LOW 56N165E.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 46N TO 54N BETWEEN 159W AND 170W AREA OF 
W TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
47N131W TO 53N137W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 45N TO 57N BETWEEN 176W AND 
174E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 45N BETWEEN 170W AND 
176W.

.HIGH 35N126W 1030 MB MOVING NE 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N124W 1030 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N127W 1025 MB.

.HIGH 41N168W 1031 MB MOVING N 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N168W 1036 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N160W 1040 MB.

.HIGH 45N178W 1030 MB MOVING SE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 44N168W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH W OF AREA 39N157E 1027 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N178W 1034 MB. 

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC MON NOV 29.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE NOV 30.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED DEC 01.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC STORM WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W N 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 13N95W N WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W 
TO 12N96W N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 11N98W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 23N E OF 125W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL. N OF 23N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N E OF 120W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 23N BETWEEN 120W AND 135W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.

.FROM 11N TO 23N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SURFACE TROUGH FROM 13N125W TO 11N128W. FROM 
13N TO 18N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 11N TO 23N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SURFACE TROUGH FROM 15N130W TO 12N130W. FROM 
12N TO 18N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 11N TO 23N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. 

.18 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 26N NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT. FROM 20N TO 23N BETWEEN 107W AND 110W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 07N E OF 85W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 07N E OF 90W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 07N E OF 90W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 30 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 
96W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12.5N95W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
90 NM OF A LINE 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 10N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC MON NOV 29...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N83W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 10N110W TO SECOND LOW PRES NEAR 10N116W TO 10N125W TO 
08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS FROM 10N TO 14N 
BETWEEN 107W AND 117W. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS ALSO NOTED NEAR 
10N122W AND NEAR 08N132W. 

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.