Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:45:48 -0600

853 
FZPN40 PHFO 292245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC MON NOV 29 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 29 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 30 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 01 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 22N176W 1004 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGH FROM 12N179W TO LOW 
TO 30N175W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT FROM 300 NM 500 NM OF 
LOW N SEMICIRCLE. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 600 NM OF LOW NE 
SEMICIRCLE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 19N179W 1006 MB. TROUGH FROM 12N176E TO LOW TO 
28N176W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT N OF 14N 
BETWEEN 165E AND 180E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. TROUGH FROM 14N174E TO 20N180W TO 
28N177W.

.TROUGH FROM 29N152W TO 24N154W TO 19N153W TO 12N157W MOVING W 
SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 21N TO 25N BETWEEN 147W AND 
151W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 163W AND 172W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 25 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N174W TO 
25N160W TO 30N144W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT WITHIN 300 NM OF A LINE FROM 28N155W TO 16N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 22N180W TO 
25N165W TO 30N154W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 15N160E TO 
15N170E TO 22N175W TO 30N145W. 

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY 09N177W TO 
17N165W TO 08N163W TO 09N177W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N155W TO 10N163W...AND FROM 13N171W TO 09N180E TO 
04N160E. ISOLATED STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 165E TO 
175E...AND WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 170W AND 180W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ E OF 152W. 

$$
.FORECASTER TCRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.