Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 18:01:24 -0600

587 
ATHW40 PHFO 300000
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0000 UTC TUE NOV 30 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 2330 UTC NOVEMBER 29 2010

LOW CLOUD CEILINGS HAVE BEEN FORMING OVER UPSLOPE AND MAUKA SECTIONS 
ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES THIS EARLY AFTERNOON...ESPECIALLY ON THE BIG 
ISLAND...MAUI...AND KAUAI.  INTERIOR AREAS OF MOLOKAI AND LANAI ARE 
ALSO SEEING AN INCREASE IN LOW CLOUDINESS.  OTHER LOCALES AROUND THE 
ALOHA STATE ARE SUNNY TO PARTLY CLOUDY.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM 
THE EAST-SOUTHEAST NEAR 10 MPH JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND 
BACKS TO THE EAST-NORTHEAST NEAR 15 MPH MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

HIGH CLOUDS ARE PRODUCING OCCASIONAL CEILINGS SOUTH CLOCKWISE 
THROUGH WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND.  SMALL AREAS OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
ARE PASSING BY SOUTH OF OAHU AND KAUAI.  SKIES ARE CLEAR TO 
SCATTERED ELSEWHERE IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

AN UPPER LOW IS NEARLY A 1000 MILES WEST OF KAUAI...AND HAS BEEN 
HEADING SLOWLY TOWARD THE NORTHWEST OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.  
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH THE FEATURE ARE 
CURRENTLY BOUNDED BY 29N177W TO 27N166W TO 24N165W TO 18N172W TO 
20N175W TO 27N180 TO 29N177W.  THE AXIS OF A JET STREAM PASSING 
SOUTH OF THE LOW IS ALONG A LINE FROM 13N180 TO 16N170W TO 19N160W 
TO JUST OVER THE BIG ISLAND TO 17N150W.  THE JET IS CARRYING CIRRUS 
CLOUDINESS ALONG ITS PATH...WITH ELEMENTS GENERATING CEILINGS NEAR 
THE ISLANDS AS MENTIONED IN THE SECOND PARAGRAPH.  AN UPPER TROUGH 
IS WEAKENING TO THE EAST OF THE STATE.  OVERALL CONVECTION HAS 
WANED...AS WELL...AS THE TROUGH WEAKENS AND DRIFTS EAST.  THE 
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS THAT REMAIN ARE LOCATED FROM 21N TO 26.5N 
BETWEEN 148W AND 151W.

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE IGNITING ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL 
CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  THE CONVECTION CONTINUES TO 
BE UNORGANIZED.  MOST OF THE ACTIVITY IS FOUND FROM 07N TO 10N 
BETWEEN 130W AND 153W...AND FROM 10N TO 16N BETWEEN 164W AND 171W.  
THIS LATTER AREA OF CONVECTION IS BEING DRAWN TO THE NORTH BY THE 
UPPER LOW DISCUSSED IN THE PARAGRAPH JUST ABOVE.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.