Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 21:50:57 -0600

749 
FZPN01 KWBC 300349
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC TUE NOV 30 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 01. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 02. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 58N142W 975 MB MOVING NW 10 KT WILL TURN SE AFTER 12 HOURS.
NE OF A LINE FROM 58N142W TO 48N128W WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 14 
TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 52N E OF 156W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N138W 990 MB WITH FRONT FROM 44N126W TO 
38N130W. WITHIN 420 NM S AND 540 NM W QUADRANTS...AND 120 NM E 
OF THE FRONT N OF 42N WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM NE AND 660 NM SW SEMICIRCLES AND 240 NM 
E AND SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N134W 1004 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 41N 
TO 52N BETWEEN 141W AND 150W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
15 FT
WITH N TO NW SWELL.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 47N164E 1007 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 540 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 57N166E 985 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 43N170E TO 55N177E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 43N TO 54N BETWEEN 173W AND 
177E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 60N177E 994 MB. WITHIN 300 NM 
SE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 19 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 
50N
BETWEEN 159W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N136W 980 MB MOVING N 15 KT. EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 58N142W FROM 37N TO 52N E OF 155W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED INTO LOW 55N138W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED IN STORM WARNING ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 61N178W 992 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 54N W OF 168W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N171W 1005 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N169E 996 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
39N TO 54N W OF 175E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N160E 1005 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 61N E OF 170W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N E OF 171W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 162W AND 176E AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 156W AND 178W AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 143W AND 180W AREA OF 
E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
47N131W TO 53N137W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 45N TO 57N BETWEEN 176W AND 
174E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 45N BETWEEN 170W AND 
176W. 

.HIGH 35N126W 1029 MB MOVING SW 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N128W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N128W 1020 MB.

.HIGH 41N169W 1032 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N164W 1037 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N160W 1037 MB. 

.HIGH 45N175W 1032 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 42N164W. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N166E 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N176W 1034 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC TUE NOV 30.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED DEC 01.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU DEC 02.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC STORM WARNING...
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N95W N WINDS 
30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N95W N 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 13N95W TO 12N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N97W N 
TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 23N E OF 125W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL. N OF 23N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N E OF 120W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 23N TO 27N BETWEEN 120W AND 135W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.

.FROM 09N TO 23N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SURFACE TROUGH FROM 14N127W TO 09N131W. FROM 
14N TO 23N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY 
IN NE SWELL. FROM 11N TO 14N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. FROM 11N TO 23N W OF 115W 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT. FROM 20N TO 23N E OF 109W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT 
TO 10 IN N SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23 NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.12 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 07N E OF 85W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 07N E OF 90W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 07N E OF 90W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 
96W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 13N95W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 13N95W TO 11N98W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF A 
LINE 16N95W TO 12N97W TO 10N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N137W TO 28N140W. NW OF 
FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC TUE NOV 30...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 10N110W TO SECOND LOW PRES NEAR 10N116W TO 09N125W TO 
08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS 
FROM 08N TO 13N BETWEEN 105W AND 113W. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS 
ALSO NOTED WITHIN 70 NM N OF AXIS FROM 130W TO 132W.  

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.