Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 22:46:34 -0600

041 
FZPN40 PHFO 300445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE NOV 30 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 30 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 01 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 02 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 22N177W 1004 MB MOVING W SLOWLY. TROUGH FROM 12N179W TO LOW 
TO 30N176W NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN 
AREA FROM 300 NM TO 500 NM OF LOW N SEMICIRCLE. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 480 NM OF LOW NE SEMICIRCLE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 19N178W 1007 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 
NM OF LINE FROM 28N175E TO 22N170E TO 19N160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT N OF 
14N BETWEEN 165E AND 180E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS. SEE DISCUSSION BELOW FOR SEAS.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 26N156W TO 30N176W. NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF FRONT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 24N BETWEEN 160W AND 173W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEE FRONT DISCUSSED ABOVE FOR WINDS.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS MAINLY 8 TO 10 FT NE OF LINE FROM 30N171W TO 12N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N172E TO 
23N171W TO 30N152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 15N160E TO 
15N170E TO 22N175W TO 30N142W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 21N TO 27N BETWEEN 148W AND 
151W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 07N153W TO 14N167W...AND FROM 13N172W TO 
09N180E TO 04N161E. ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS IN AREA FROM 
10N TO 16N BETWEEN 164W AND 172W...AND FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 166E 
AND 175E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 07N TO 10N E OF 
154W...AND FROM 08N TO 11N BETWEEN 172W AND 177W.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.