Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 03:49:01 -0600

612 
FZPN01 KWBC 300948
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC TUE NOV 30 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 01. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 02. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 58N143W 975 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 47N128W 
TO 37N139W. NE OF A LINE FROM 50N129W TO 53N132W...AND WITHIN 
420 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 47N AND E OF 157W...AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N136W 992 MB. FROM 48N TO 57N BETWEEN 
153W AND 131W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N132W 1007 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 52N161E 999 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FROM 41N TO 52N 
W OF 178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 58N166E 982 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 420 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
18 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS...AND 
FROM 45N TO 54N BETWEEN 165W AND 178W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 62N175W 996 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 
56N BETWEEN 165W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N166W 1009 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 64N168W 1001 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N174E 986 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 360 NM 
E QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 13 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
47N TO 59N W OF 173W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N161E 1007 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW CENTER WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 55N153W 1004 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W AND 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 61N E OF 171W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N E OF 171W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N E OF 173W AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE 
FREEZING SPRAY.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 162W AND 174E AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 153W AND 177W AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 140W AND 180W AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 36N131W 1012 MB. WITHIN 300 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 177E AND 165E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 60N BETWEEN 167W AND 
176W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 44N BETWEEN 171W AND
179W.

.HIGH 35N125W 1030 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N129W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N124W 1020 MB. 

.HIGH 41N167W 1033 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N162W 1038 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N158W 1039 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N173E 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N165W 1037 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC TUE NOV 30.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED DEC 01.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU DEC 02.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W N 
TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N95W N 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 75 NM OF A 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N95W TO 12N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W 
TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT. FROM 20N TO 23N E OF 110W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 23N TO 28N E OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 23N...EXCEPT N OF 27N W OF 
135W...WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 25N TO 27N BETWEEN 115W AND 122W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 09N TO 23N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
PRIMARILY IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 14N TO 23N W OF 114W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 
25N W OF 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN A BROAD 
MIX OF SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 116W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.06 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF PAPAGAYO WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 
11N86W TO 10N88W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 12N E OF 90W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.18 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 07N E OF 85W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 08N E OF 90W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 18 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 
96W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
120 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12N96W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
120 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N95W TO 11N98W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
90 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12N97W TO 10N103W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. REMAINDER OF AREA FROM 
08N TO 12N BETWEEN 94W AND 103W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.

.42 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N137W TO 28N140W. NW OF 
FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N135W TO 27N140W. NW OF 
FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 29N 
WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC TUE NOV 30...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 10N85W TO 07N97W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 10N108W TO LOW PRES NEAR 10N117W TO 08N130W TO 
07N140W. NUMEROUS MODERATE TO STRONG FROM 08N TO 13N BETWEEN 
106W AND 113W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 120 NM N OF 
AXIS BETWEEN 129W AND 132W.

$$
.FORECASTER LEWITSKY. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.