Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:52:14 -0600

109 
FZPN01 KWBC 301550
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC TUE NOV 30 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 01. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 02. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.FROM 40N TO 53N BETWEEN 176W AND 174E AREA OF S TO SW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 54N165W TO 
48N176W AREA OF W TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 55N150W 1000 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W AND 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM S AND 360 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N161E 1004 MB. FROM 35N TO 50N BETWEEN 
167E AND 160E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 58N174E 974 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 300 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WIND 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
15 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 48N TO 61N W OF 170W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 56N143W 975 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 48N126W 
TO 43N129W TO 37N137W. N OF 47N BETWEEN 132W AND 157W AND WITHIN 
240 NM E AND SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N136W 975 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW AND 
FROM 44N TO 55N BETWEEN 141W AND 151W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N132W 1008 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 63N172W 1000 MB MOVING E 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS N AND 
NE OF A LINE FROM 55N166W TO 59N179W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 54N166E 993 MB MOVING N 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF A 
LINE FROM 42N164E TO 50N173E TO 55N173E. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N166E 981 MB. N OF 50N BETWEEN 164E AND 
180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED NW OF AREA. N OF 60N E OF 171W 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N163E 1008 MB. FROM 31N TO 42N BETWEEN 
169E AND 160E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 61N E OF 171W AND N OF A LINE FROM 56N155W TO 58N150W 
AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N E OF 172W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 160W AND 180W AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 145W AND 180W AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 155W AND 180W AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 37N130W 1011 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N 
BETWEEN 126W AND 142W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 56N 
BETWEEN 177E AND 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 50N BETWEEN 168W AND 
178W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 48N BETWEEN 170W AND 
180W. 

.HIGH 36N123W 1030 MB MOVING SW 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N128W 1024 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 43N170W 1035 MB MOVING SE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N162W 1039 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N160W 1038 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N175E 1031 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N162W 1033 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC TUE NOV 30.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED DEC 01.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU DEC 02.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N95W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N95W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 75 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N95W 
TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W 
TO 12N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
75 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N95W TO 13N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
120 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
90 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12N97W TO 10N103W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. REMAINDER OF AREA FROM 
07N TO 12N BETWEEN 93W AND 103W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W 
TO 12N97W TO 10N104W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. REMAINDER OF AREA FROM 06N 
TO 12N BETWEEN 92W AND 104W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 22N TO 29N BETWEEN 110W AND 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 22N...EXCEPT N 
OF 26N W OF 132W...WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 22N TO 26N BETWEEN 115W AND 125W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 114W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
PRIMARILY IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 21N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 
22N W OF 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE 
AND NW OF SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 19N W OF 126W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT. FROM 20N TO 23N E OF 110W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 10N88W INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 12N E OF 90W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 86W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 02N TO 07N E OF 88W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 07N E OF 90W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT IN SW SWELL.

.36 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N138W TO 28N140W. NW OF 
FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N133W TO 25N140W. NW OF 
FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 29N 
WITHIN 90 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC TUE NOV 30...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N81W TO 07N97W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 10N108W TO LOW PRES NEAR 10N119W TO 07N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE N OF 06N E OF 82W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG FROM 07N TO 14N BETWEEN 104W AND 114W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 117W AND 124W.

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.