Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 10:46:09 -0600

646 
FZPN40 PHFO 301645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC TUE NOV 30 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 30 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 01 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 02 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 20N180W 1005 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 11N179E 
AND FROM LOW TO 29N176W NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A 
LINE FROM 16N168W TO 24N173W TO 24N175E TO 22N172E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA N OF 18N BETWEEN 169W AND 177W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 20N180W 1007 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE 
FROM 22N170W TO 25N179W TO 20N170E TO 20N165E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 22N177E 1009 MB. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS. 

.FRONT JUST N OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 26N 
BETWEEN 164W AND 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N145W TO 27N154W TO 30N171W. WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 28N145W TO 24N160W TO 26N170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 24N154W TO 27N165W. WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 26N140W TO 24N153W TO 26N169W TO 30N174W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N160W TO 15N178W TO 15N160E TO 
22N160E TO 30N170E TO 30N160W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA FROM 10N TO 
22N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N150W TO 
23N170W TO 15N176E TO 15N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N140W TO 
23N160W TO 22N179W TO 14N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE FROM 17N160W TO 
12N171W.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 08N160W...AND FROM 10N176E TO 06N160E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 146W AND 
160W...AND WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 170E AND 177E.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.