Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:42:07 -0600

484 
FZPN01 KWBC 302141
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC TUE NOV 30 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 01. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 02. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N164E 996 MB. FROM 39N TO 52N BETWEEN 
160E AND 172E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N177E 972 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 
30 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 46N TO 61N W OF 166W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 173W AND 176E AREA OF S TO SW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 46N TO 54N BETWEEN 156W AND 169W W TO SW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 54N146W 1000 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM S AND 420 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N162E 1006 MB. FROM 32N TO 40N BETWEEN 
160E AND 166E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N167E 1003 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
32N TO 43N BETWEEN 160E AND 172E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 
FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 55N141W 984 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 47N126W 
TO 41N129W TO 36N136W. OVER WATERS WITHIN 480 NM OF LOW EXCEPT 
660 NM SW QUADRANT AND 240 NM E AND SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N135W 999 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 43N TO 53N BETWEEN 
142W AND 150W NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT WITH N TO NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N131W 1008 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 62N171W 1001 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. OVER FORECAST WATERS N 
OF 59N E OF 176W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW NW OF AREA 57N166E 984 MB MOVING N 05 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 43N168E TO 50N176E TO 57N176E WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 59N169E 990 MB. FROM THE 
ALEUTIAN ISLANDS TO 62N W OF 168W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
24 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 56N175E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WELL NW OF AREA AND ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 61N E OF 172W AND N OF A LINE FROM 56N155W TO 58N150W 
AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N E OF 173W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 158W AND 179W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 138W AND 180W E TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 165W AND 180W E TO SE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 38N127W 1018 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N128W 1013 MB. FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 
126W AND 141W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 43N TO 57N 
BETWEEN 176W AND 173E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
50N167W TO 44N174W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 166W AND 
180W.

.HIGH 34N122W 1030 MB MOVING SW 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N127W 1025 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N123W 1020 MB.

.HIGH 42N167W 1036 MB MOVING SE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N160W 1039 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N159W 1038 MB.

.HIGH 39N161E 1027 MB MOVING NE 35 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N178W 1033 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC TUE NOV 30.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED DEC 01.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU DEC 02.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N95W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N95W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 75 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N95W TO 
12N97W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W 
TO 12N97W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N95W TO 13N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12N97W TO 10N103W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 93W 
AND 103W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 
10N99W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS
10 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 12N BETWEEN 92W AND 104W WINDS
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 22N TO 28N BETWEEN 110W AND 123W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 22N TO 26N W OF 123W WINDS LESS THAN
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 11N TO 22N W OF 114W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT. FROM 20N TO 23N E OF 110W N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 10N88W 
INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 12N E OF 90W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT.

.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 86W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 02N TO 07N E OF 88W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 07N E OF 90W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT .

.30 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N138W TO 28N140W. NW OF FRONT
N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N132W TO 24N140W. NW OF FRONT
N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC TUE NOV 30...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N83W TO 07N88W TO LOW 
PRES NEAR 10N108W TO LOW PRES NEAR 10N120W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 80W AND 83W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 117W AND 122W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.