Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:43:11 -0600

980 
FZPN40 PHFO 302243
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE NOV 30 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 30 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 01 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 02 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 21N180W 1006 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGH FROM 30N174W TO 
25N178W TO LOW TO 15N179E TO 09N176E NEARLY STATIONARY. NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 30N176W TO 25N180W TO 
20N172E TO 16N160E TO 22N160E TO 30N172E TO 30N176W. SE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT WITHIN 600 NM NE QUADRANT. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS 
FROM 11N TO 17N BETWEEN 163W AND 173W...AND N OF 18N BETWEEN 168W 
AND 175W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 16N TO 18N BETWEEN 158W AND 
163W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 21N180W 1007 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 23N 
BETWEEN 177W AND 170E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 21N176E 1007 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 420 
NM NE QUADRANT.  

.STRONG HIGH BUILDING N OF AREA. NEW FRONT DEVELOPING NEAR 30N145W 
WITHIN NEXT 12 HOURS. E WINDS INCREASING TO 20 TO 30 KT N OF 26N 
BETWEEN 159W AND 176W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 27N147W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 
26N160W TO 27N170W. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 
30N143W TO 26N150W TO 24N160W TO 27N170W TO 30N175W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. SHEAR LINE FROM FROM 24N140W TO 
22N150W TO 22N160W TO 27N170W TO 30N174W. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
N OF SHEAR LINE. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 15N TO 22N BETWEEN 
149W AND 161W. 

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N151W TO 25N164W TO 18N175W TO 
16N170E TO 20N162E TO 30N169E. SEAS TO 9 FT FROM 10N TO 20N E OF 
148W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 150W AND 174W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N140W TO 25N150W TO 
24N170W TO 21N180W TO 16N170E TO 16N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 11 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N140W TO 
22N156W TO 25N170W TO 30N177W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 22N140W TO 18N156W TO 20N166W TO 23N180W TO 30N168E. 

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 06N150W TO 08N159W TO 10N166W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 11N151W TO 05N151W TO 
09N161W TO 11N161W TO 11N151W. 

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 06N TO 08N W OF 163E. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.