Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 22:01:19 -0600

598 
FZPN01 KWBC 010401
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC WED DEC 01 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 01. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 02. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 03. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.FROM 43N TO 52N BETWEEN 170W AND 180W AREA OF S TO SW WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 56N158W 1010 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W AND 
SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N143W 1003 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM S AND 420 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 
FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N168E 986 MB. FROM 45N TO 54N BETWEEN 
164E AND 176E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 42N TO 55N W OF 179W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N179W 971 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 360 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 21 TO 36 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 47N TO 63N W OF 161W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 21 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N162E 1008 MB. FROM 32N TO 40N BETWEEN 
160E AND 166E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N169E 1006 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
32N TO 43N BETWEEN 160E AND 172E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N139W 988 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 47N124W
TO 41N129W TO 37N134W. OVER WATERS WITHIN 480 NM OF LOW EXCEPT 
660 NM SW QUADRANT AND 240 NM E AND SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N134W 1003 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 43N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 142W AND 150W NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT WITH N 
TO NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N131W 1007 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 63N169W 1006 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 
59N E OF 176W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 57N165E 980 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 420 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
13 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 47N AND W OF 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 60N171E 993 MB. FROM 53N TO 61N 
BETWEEN 167W AND 177E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 61N E OF 172W AND N OF A LINE FROM 56N155W TO 58N150W 
AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N E OF 173W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 158W AND 179W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 138W AND 180W E TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 165W AND 180W E TO SE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 36N126W 1012 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 43N TO 57N 
BETWEEN 176W AND 173E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
50N167W TO 44N174W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 166W AND 
180W. 

.HIGH 33N126W 1028 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N127W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N123W 1017 MB.

.HIGH 42N165W 1037 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N159W 1037 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N157W 1036 MB. 

.HIGH 41N168E 1031 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N173W 1034 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC WED DEC 01.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU DEC 02.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI DEC 03.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N95W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N95W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N95W TO 
12N97W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 
12N97W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N95W TO 13N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12N97W TO 10N103W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 93W 
AND 103W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 106W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 22N TO 28N BETWEEN 110W AND 123W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 22N TO 26N W OF 123W WINDS LESS THAN
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 12N TO 21N W OF 119W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT. FROM 20N TO 23N E OF 110W N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 10N88W 
INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 11N E OF 90W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT.

.06 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 86W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 02N TO 07N E OF 88W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 07N BETWEEN 86W AND 90W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N138W TO 28N140W. NW OF FRONT
N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N131W TO 23N140W. NW OF FRONT
N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC WED DEC 01...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N84W TO 07N91W TO LOW 
PRES NEAR 11N110W TO LOW PRES NEAR 10N119W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM OF 10N119W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.