Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 22:45:17 -0600

459 
FZPN40 PHFO 010445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED DEC 01 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 01 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 02 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 03 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 20N180W 1006 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGH FROM 30N175W TO 
25N177W TO LOW TO 16N178E TO 13N176E NEARLY STATIONARY. NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 30N172E TO 20N160E TO 
18N165E TO 20N170E TO 25N180E TO 30N180E TO 30N172E. SE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT FROM 21N TO 27N BETWEEN 171W AND 175W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO 
STRONG TSTMS FROM 18N TO 24N BETWEEN 166W AND 172W...AND 120 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 10N175W TO 13N169W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS N OF 24N BETWEEN 168W AND 176W AND FROM 12N TO 18N BETWEEN 
164W AND 169W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 20N179E 1007 MB. ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 22N176E 1009 MB. 

.STRONG HIGH BUILDING N OF AREA. FRONT ALONG 30N BETWEEN 152W AND 
161W. E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N179W TO 26N170W TO 
26N160W TO 30N155W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 25N150W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 
24N160W TO 26N170W TO 30N174W. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF FRONT 
AND SHEAR LINE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. SHEAR LINE FROM FROM 24N140W TO 
20N150W TO 22N160W TO 25N166W TO 30N172W. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
N OF SHEAR LINE. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 15N TO 19N BETWEEN 
148W AND 161W. 

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N152W TO 24N166W TO 16N180W TO 
15N170E TO 20N162E TO 30N170E. SEAS TO 9 FT FROM 12N TO 20N E OF 
144W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 150W AND 173W. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N140W TO 25N150W TO 
24N165W TO 22N180W TO 16N170E TO 15N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 11 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N140W TO 
23N156W TO 25N170W TO 30N178W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 20N140W TO 15N158W TO 20N166W TO 24N180W TO 30N168E. 

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 06N150W TO 09N160W TO 11N164W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM NE OF ITCZ W OF 150W. 

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 06N TO 09N W OF 164E. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.