Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 23:00:58 -0600

976 
ATHW40 PHFO 010500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED DEC 01 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC DECEMBER 01 2010

SCATTERED TO BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS ARE SWEEPING OVER THE ISLANDS FROM 
THE WEST AND NORTHWEST THIS EARLY EVENING.  MUCH OF THIS CLOUDINESS 
IS DEBRIS FROM CONVECTION THAT HAS BEEN OCCURRING WEST OF THE ALOHA 
STATE.

AT THE LOWER LEVELS...CONDITIONS ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO PARTLY 
CLOUDY.  THE LIMITED AMOUNT OF LOW CLOUD CEILINGS...SOME WITH 
EMBEDDED SHOWERS...ARE FAVORING WINDWARD AND MAUKA SECTIONS ON THE 
INDIVIDUAL ISLES.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST TO SLIGHTLY 
NORTH OF EAST AT 15 TO 20 MPH ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN.

AT THE MOMENT...THE LEADING EDGE OF A BAND OF BROKEN SHOWERY LOW 
CLOUDS IS ABOUT 30 MILES EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND IS HEADING WEST 
WITH THE PREVAILING TRADE FLOW.  THIS LINE OF LOW CLOUDINESS 
AVERAGES AROUND 50 MILES WIDE AND IS ABOUT 200 MILES LONG MEASURED 
NORTH-TO-SOUTH.  EXCEPT FOR HIGH CLOUDS...SKIES ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR 
TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

THE LEADING EDGE OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS AHEAD OF 
A FRONT IS 350 MILES NORTH OF KAUAI AND IS HEADING SOUTH NEAR 10 
MPH.  MOST OF THIS CLOUDINESS IS CURRENTLY NORTH OF A LINE FROM 
30N147W TO 26N153W TO 27N160W.

AN UPPER LOW IS MORE THAN 1100 MILES WEST OF KAUAI AND HAS MOVED 
WEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.  CONVECTION IS FIRING 
NEAR THE LOW CENTER AND IN A LARGE ARC TO THE NORTHEAST CLOCKWISE 
THROUGH SOUTHEAST OF THE LOW.  THESE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
LOCATED WITHIN 150 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 21N179W TO 
28N172W TO 20N167W TO 15N166W TO 10N176W.  MORE CONVECTION... 
ASSOCIATED WITH THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...IS FOUND WITHIN 
135 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 12N162W TO 08N156W TO 06N148W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.