Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 03:41:05 -0600

112 
FZPN01 KWBC 010941
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC WED DEC 01 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 01. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 02. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 03. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 58N166E 980 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 420 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 48N AND W OF 179W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 61N177E 997 MB. FROM 57N TO 62N 
BETWEEN 168W AND 179E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...STORM WARNING... 
.FROM 46N TO 54N BETWEEN 162W AND 175W AREA OF SW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 56N153W 1006 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N139W 1006 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 19 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N164E 998 MB. FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 
173E AND 160E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N172E 976 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW AND 300 
NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 18 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 47N TO 57N BETWEEN 174W AND 160E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N173W 975 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 21 TO 33 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 49N TO 65N BETWEEN 155W AND 167E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N163E 1006 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
240 NM SE AND 300 NM NW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 
10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N171E 1003 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W AND NW 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 480 NM W AND NW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N137W 990 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 46N124W 
TO 38N130W. OVER WATERS WITHIN 360 NM OF LOW EXCEPT 660 NM SW 
QUADRANT AND 180 NM E AND SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N133W 1006 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 61N E OF 173W AND N OF A LINE FROM 56N155W TO 58N150W 
AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N E OF 173W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 150W AND 178W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 139W AND 179W E TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 163W AND 177W E TO SE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 34N128W 1012 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 44N TO 55N 
BETWEEN 166W AND 176W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
47N165W TO 44N179W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 52N BETWEEN 158W AND 
176W.

.HIGH 33N125W 1028 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N128W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N123W 1018 MB.

.HIGH 41N162W 1037 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N159W 1038 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N155W 1037 MB.

.HIGH 43N173E 1032 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N166W 1033 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED DEC 01.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU DEC 02.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI DEC 03.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W 
TO 12N97W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 14N96W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 22N TO 29N NW TO N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...REMAINDER OF AREA WITHIN 90 NM OF 
A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12N97W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
120 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 10N100W TO 09N104W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 14 FT. REMAINDER OF AREA FROM 08N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 
104W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NE 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
90 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 12N99W INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
REMAINDER OF AREA FROM 03N TO 12N BETWEEN 94W AND 108W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
FT. FROM 18N TO 22N BETWEEN 106W AND 110W N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL.
.06 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. FROM 18N TO 23N BETWEEN 106W AND 110W 
N WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 25N E OF 118W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL. 
FROM 09N TO 21N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 25N W OF 112W WINDS
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 17N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 
20N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED NE AND 
NW SWELL.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 02N TO 08N BETWEEN 96W AND 112W S WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N88W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS AS DESCRIBED IN PARAGRAPH BELOW.

.06 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 85W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N E OF 90W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 07N88W 1009 MB WITH TROUGH FROM 
10N85W THROUGH LOW TO 05N94W. WITHIN 150 NM NW OF TROUGH TO 90W 
INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 210 NM NW OF TROUGH WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. SE OF TROUGH TO 04N S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.18 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N137W TO 28N140W. NW OF 
FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N135W TO 26N140W. NW OF 
FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N129W TO 24N133W TO 20N140W. 
NW OF FRONT N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW 
SWELL...HIGHEST NW PORTION.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC WED DEC 01...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N83W TO 06N90W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 11N110W TO LOW PRES NEAR 09N119W TO 07N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 180 NM NW AND N QUADRANTS 
AND 90 NM S SEMICIRCLE OF SECOND LOW. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS
NOTED FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 115W AND 118W.

$$
.FORECASTER LEWITSKY. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.