Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 04:45:07 -0600

841 
FZPN40 PHFO 011045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC WED DEC 01 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 01 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 02 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 03 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 20N180W 1006 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGH FROM 30N175W TO LOW 
TO 13N176E NEARLY STATIONARY. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA BOUNDED 
BY 30N180E TO 20N170E TO 24N160E TO 30N170E. SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
FROM 22N TO 27N BETWEEN 171W AND 175W. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH N OF LOW...AND WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE FROM 
10N175W TO 19N167W TO 25N170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 20N179E 1007 MB. ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 22N177E 1008 MB. 

.STRONG HIGH BUILDING N OF AREA. FRONT FROM 30N148W TO 28N155W TO 
20N162W MOVING E 15 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N150W 
TO 26N160W TO 26N170W TO 30N174W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE FROM 26N140W TO 23N150W TO 24N160W TO 
30N171W. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF SHEAR LINE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE FROM FROM 23N140W TO 21N160W TO 
30N172W. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF SHEAR LINE. NE TO E WINDS
20 TO 25 KT FROM 15N TO 19N BETWEEN 150W AND 162W. 

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N145W TO 23N170W TO 15N175E TO 
15N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N140W TO 
22N160W TO 0N178W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
27N140W TO 20N160W 5 20N180W TO 13N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 11 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N140W TO 
19N152W TO 30N175W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
20N140W TO 11N160W TO 16N175W TO 30N171E TO 26N160E. 

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 10N TO 16N BETWEEN 155W AND 163W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 07N160W TO 07N140W TO 09N172W...AND FROM 
10N176E TO 06N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ 
BETWEEN 146W AND 158W. 

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.