Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 06:00:12 -0600

895 
ATHW40 PHFO 011200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC WED DEC 01 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC DECEMBER 01 2010

HIGH CLOUDS HAVE BECOME SCATTERED OVER THE ALOHA STATE THIS EARLY 
MORNING.  MOST OF THE BROKEN CONDITIONS ARE REMAINING WEST AND SOUTH 
OF THE ISLANDS FOR THE MOMENT.

BROKEN TO OCCASIONALLY OVERCAST SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS...SOME WITH TOPS 
AS HIGH AS 20 THOUSAND FEET...HAVE BEEN MOVING THROUGH THE 
ISLANDS...FROM THE BIG ISLAND TO OAHU...OVER THE PAST FEW HOURS.  
WINDWARD AND MAUKA AREAS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES ARE SEEING THE MOST 
LOW CEILINGS AND SHOWERS...THOUGH LEEWARD SECTIONS OF THE SMALLER 
ISLANDS AND WEST MAUI ARE ALSO EXPERIENCING BROKEN CONDITIONS AND 
PRECIPITATION FROM TIME TO TIME.  AS OF THIS WRITING...ON THE OTHER 
HAND...KAUAI AND LEEWARD PORTIONS OF THE BIG ISLAND ARE PARTLY 
CLOUDY.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS FROM THE EAST STATEWIDE...NEAR 15 MPH 
JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND INCREASING TO 25 MPH MOVING UP THE 
CHAIN TO KAUAI.

SKIES ARE SCATTERED TO BROKEN WITH SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS IN THE 
ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.  MOST OF THE CLOUDINESS IS CURRENTLY JUST 
NORTH CLOCKWISE THROUGH EAST OF THE STATE...AND SOUTH OF MAUI COUNTY 
AND OAHU.  THE LEAST AMOUNT OF CLOUDS AS OF BULLETIN TIME IS 
IMMEDIATELY WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND SOUTHEAST CLOCKWISE THROUGH 
WEST OF KAUAI.

SCATTERED TO BROKEN SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS...WITH EMBEDDED TOWERING 
CUMULUS CLOUDINESS...AHEAD OF A FRONT ARE ABOUT 240 MILES NORTH OF 
KAUAI AND HAVE BEEN MOVING SOUTH AT 10 TO 15 MPH OVER THE PAST SEVEN 
HOURS.  THESE PREFRONTAL CLOUDS...AND ELEMENTS DIRECTLY ASSOCIATED 
WITH THE FRONTAL BOUNDARY...ARE NOW NORTH OF A LINE FROM 30N143W TO 
26N153W TO 25.5N160W.

AN UPPER LOW IS MORE THAN 1200 MILES WEST OF KAUAI AND HAS BEEN 
PUSHING WEST NEAR 15 MPH OVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS.  THE SYSTEM IS 
HELPING TO GENERATE A LARGE AREA SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.  MOST OF 
THE CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 18N TO 27N BETWEEN 174W AND 180...AND 
WITHIN 120 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 29N173W TO 20N166W TO 
14N170W TO 10N176W.  MORE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE ASSOCIATED 
WITH THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII AND ARE 
FOUND WITHIN 175 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 10N163W TO 08N155W 
TO 07N146W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.