Subject: East Pacific: Monthly Tropical Weather Summary

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 06:19:19 -0600

486 
ABPZ30 KNHC 011219
TWSEP 
MONTHLY TROPICAL WEATHER SUMMARY
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 AM PST WED DEC 01 2010
 
FOR THE EASTERN NORTH PACIFIC...EAST OF 140 DEGREES WEST LONGITUDE..
 
TROPICAL CYCLONE ACTIVITY DURING THE 2010 EASTERN NORTH PACIFIC
HURRICANE SEASON WAS WELL BELOW AVERAGE.  ONLY SEVEN NAMED STORMS
FORMED...OF WHICH THREE BECAME HURRICANES AND TWO BECAME MAJOR
HURRICANES.  THE LONG-TERM AVERAGES ARE 15 NAMED STORMS...9
HURRICANES AND 4 MAJOR HURRICANES.  THERE WERE ALSO FIVE
TROPICAL DEPRESSIONS THAT DID NOT REACH TROPICAL STORM STRENGTH. 
IN TERMS OF ACCUMULATED CYCLONE ENERGY...ACE...WHICH MEASURES THE
COMBINED STRENGTH AND DURATION OF TROPICAL STORMS AND HURRICANES...
ACTIVITY IN THE BASIN WAS ONLY ABOUT 50 PERCENT OF THE LONG-TERM
MEDIAN.  THE SEVEN NAMED STORMS OBSERVED IN 2010 WAS THE LOWEST
NUMBER OBSERVED SINCE THE ADVENT OF ROUTINE SATELLITE IMAGERY IN
THE BASIN IN 1971.  THE TOTAL OF THREE HURRICANES WAS ALSO THE
LOWEST NUMBER OBSERVED SINCE 1971.  THE ACE VALUE FOR 2010 WAS THE
THIRD LOWEST SINCE 1971...AHEAD OF ONLY 2007 AND 1977.  

REPORTS ON INDIVIDUAL CYCLONES...WHEN COMPLETED...ARE AT THE WEB
SITE OF THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER...USE LOWER-CASE LETTERS...
HTTP://WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/2010EPAC.SHTML

SUMMARY TABLE

NAME                 DATES        MAX WIND (MPH)    
-------------------------------------------------
TS AGATHA           29-30 MAY          45
TD TWO-E            16-17 JUN          35
TS BLAS             17-21 JUN          65
MH CELIA            18-28 JUN         160
MH DARBY            23-28 JUN         120
TD SIX-E            14-16 JUL          35
TS ESTELLE           6-10 AUG          65
TD EIGHT-E          20-22 AUG          35
H  FRANK            21-28 AUG          90
TD TEN-E              3-4 SEP          35
TD ELEVEN-E           3-4 SEP          35
TS GEORGETTE        20-23 SEP          40

$$
HURRICANE SPECIALIST UNIT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.