Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 09:59:16 -0600

258 
FZPN01 KWBC 011559
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC WED DEC 01 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 01. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 02. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 03. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW NW OF AREA 58N169E 984 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 420 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
17 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 50N W OF 178W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED NW OF AREA AND ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...STORM WARNING...
.FROM 47N TO 54N BETWEEN 159W AND 170W W TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST OVER WATERS FROM 50N TO 59N BETWEEN 160W AND 
167W...AND FROM 46N TO 52N BETWEEN 150W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 54N148W 1005 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW AND 
300 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N137W 1007 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
40N TO 51N BETWEEN 135W AND 147W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
20 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 48N160E 1004 MB MOVING NE 30 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 35N TO 49N W OF 166E WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N174E 974 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 49N TO 58N W 
OF 174W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. ALSO FROM 46N TO 
60N W OF 170W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N171W 976 MB WITH FRONT FROM 56N160W TO 
50N164W TO 43N175W. WITHIN 300 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 30 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM NE...420 NM 
SE...AND 660 NM SW QUADRANTS AND 300 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT...EXCEPT E OF THE FRONT 8 TO 14 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N166E 1007 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WIND 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
31N TO 43N BETWEEN 170E AND 160E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N172E 1004 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W AND NW 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS AND FROM 31N TO 42N BETWEEN 
170E AND 163E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 55N136W 996 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. OVER WATERS WITHIN 240 NM 
OF LOW EXCEPT 600 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N132W 1008 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 61N E OF 173W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N E OF 172W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 61N E OF 175W AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 145W AND 176W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 158W AND 177W E TO SE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 164W AND 176W S TO SE 
WINDS 20 TO 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 

.LOW 34N136W 1020 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N131W 1016 MB. FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 
130W AND 145W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N127W 1012 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 52N167W TO 46N175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 47N BETWEEN 170W AND 
180W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 360 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
52N160W TO 41N178W.

.HIGH 32N129W 1025 MB MOVING SE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N126W 1019 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N120W 1018 MB.

.HIGH 42N160W 1039 MB MOVING SE 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N157W 1038 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N154W 1036 MB.

.HIGH 45N176E 1032 MB MOVING NE 35 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N162W 1034 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N163E 1034 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED DEC 01.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU DEC 02.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI DEC 03.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12N97W 
N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W 
TO 13N96W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W 
TO 13N96W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.42 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...REMAINDER OF AREA WITHIN 90 NM OF 
A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 10N99W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
120 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 10N100W TO 09N104W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 14 FT. REMAINDER OF AREA FROM 08N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 
104W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NE 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
120 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 10N100W TO 09N105W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 14 FT. REMAINDER OF AREA FROM 07N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 
105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NE 
SWELL.
.42 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12N98W INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 13N96W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. REMAINDER OF AREA FROM 03N TO 12N BETWEEN 
93W AND 109W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN 
NE SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 
9 FT. FROM 18N TO 22N BETWEEN 106W AND 110W N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 21N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 11N TO 24N W OF 115W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 15N BETWEEN 110W AND 127W AND FROM 
10N TO 19N W OF 127W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED 
NE AND NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 03N TO 08N BETWEEN 101W AND 112W S WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N88W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 90W INCLUDING 
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS AS DESCRIBED IN PARAGRAPH BELOW.

.FROM 02N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 88W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 08N88W TO 03N92W. FROM 03N TO 08N 
E OF TROUGH S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 06N90W 1009 MB WITH TROUGH FROM 
08N87W THROUGH LOW TO 04N92W. WITHIN 210 NM N OF TROUGH BETWEEN 
86W AND 90W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT. FROM 03N TO 08N E OF TROUGH TO 84W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM NW OF TROUGH WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.18 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N136W TO 27N140W. NW OF 
FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N135W TO 24N140W. NW OF 
FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N129W TO 25N133W TO 20N140W. 
NW OF FRONT N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW 
SWELL...HIGHEST NW PORTION.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC WED DEC 01...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N83W TO 07N90W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 11N109W TO LOW PRES NEAR 11N120W TO 07N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 89W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG FROM 09N TO 13N BETWEEN 110W AND 117W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 127W AND 135W.

$$

.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.