Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 10:45:10 -0600

120 
FZPN40 PHFO 011645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC WED DEC 01 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 01 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 02 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 03 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 20N180W 1006 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGH FROM 27N178W TO LOW 
TO 11N175E NEARLY STATIONARY. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM 
E OF TROUGH N OF LOW...AND WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE FROM 09N180W TO 
16N170W TO 20N166W TO 39N174W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 21N178E 1007 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 24N178E 1008 MB. 

.FRONT FROM 30N145W TO 28N153W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 26N165W TO 
30N177W. FRONT MOVING E 15 KT. SHEAR LINE MOVING S SLOWLY. E TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 30 KT N OF FRONT AND SHEAR LINE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE FROM 25N140W TO 22N155W TO 24N165W TO 
30N172W. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF SHEAR LINE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE FROM FROM 21N140W TO 18N155W TO 22N165W 
TO 30N170W. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF SHEAR LINE.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N162E TO 29N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N172E TO 25N160E. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF FRONT.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N145W TO 24N165W TO 15N175E TO 
15N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 29N140W TO 
23N160W TO 30N177W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
26N140W TO 21N155W TO 22N180W TO 14N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 11 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N140W TO 
18N153W TO 22N165W TO 30N175W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A 
LINE FROM 20N140W TO 11N160W TO 22N175W TO 30N172E TO 26N160E. 

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 10N TO 16N BETWEEN 155W AND 163W.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 07N160W TO 10N174W...AND FROM 10N179E TO 
05N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM N AND 120 NM S OF 
ITCZ BETWEEN 145W AND 162W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ W OF 163E.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.